Upsetting mistake

alil

I left for the weekend Friday afternoon. I told my neighbor/ landlord to feed and water my chameleon on Thursday. I get back and my bearded dragons have not been fed and my chameleon not only has not been fed but his mister ran out of water. I put some crickets in his cage for him to eat and manually misted his cage. I confronted my neighbor and he said he did not know I was gone. I noticed some white flaky patches on the veiled back and around the edge of eye lids. Is that shed starting or is it dying. He seems to go to go actively after crickets I put in his cage.

So from Friday night to Sunday night they've been alone? That's upsetting but ok, that's not long enough to cause significant harm to a healthy animal in my opinion. A good mist and a nice meal and they'll be good as new. Your cham is possibly shedding but a photo would help us confirm it.

he is shedding I looked back and it looks like shed to me now. In the cracks of the white looks like his normal color. I was just more stressed so my mind jumped to conclusions. He is actively eating and does not seem lazy or sickly (he moves normally does not seem sluggish or shaky.) Its lights out for him anyways I might leave the lights on for a bit longer so he can digest but the house has been quite hot with me gone so I think his temp is ok.

I think chams can go for 2-3 days without food no problem. Species like veileds can go without water longer than Jackson's and possibly panthers. Next time make sure your neighbor knows you're leaving and you should be fine:)

I know that now. Everything seems fine with all my pets. Bearded dragons are fine and my veiled cham is like normal now. I have never seen the beginning of a shed. The only time I have seen it shed is when I wake up in the morning and its covered completely in peeling scales. I am going to have to make friends with a new neighbor anyways because im moving to a new apartment soon. I will have a room mate anyways in the house so if I need to leave he will be at the house anyways.

I know that now. Everything seems fine with all my pets. Bearded dragons are fine and my veiled cham is like normal now. I have never seen the beginning of a shed. The only time I have seen it shed is when I wake up in the morning and its covered completely in peeling scales. I am going to have to make friends with a new neighbor anyways because im moving to a new apartment soon. I will have a room mate anyways in the house so if I need to leave he will be at the house anyways.

Gets confused. Come back; wet beardies with a cut up water bottle full of crickets at the top of the tank, check chams, lots of leafy greens and fruits in a bowl. Check snake, has a bowl of dog food, check dog/cat, dog has dead rat in bowl, cat seems abnormally happy and bowl is empty :)

he is shedding I looked back and it looks like shed to me now. In the cracks of the white looks like his normal color. I was just more stressed so my mind jumped to conclusions. He is actively eating and does not seem lazy or sickly (he moves normally does not seem sluggish or shaky.) Its lights out for him anyways I might leave the lights on for a bit longer so he can digest but the house has been quite hot with me gone so I think his temp is ok.

glad your reptiles are all okay. :)
what a wonderfully easy way to learn a lesson about being careful and sure about reliability neighbours/pet sitters

Gets confused. Come back; wet beardies with a cut up water bottle full of crickets at the top of the tank, check chams, lots of leafy greens and fruits in a bowl. Check snake, has a bowl of dog food, check dog/cat, dog has dead rat in bowl, cat seems abnormally happy and bowl is empty :)

So what did the cat get? Funny story!

Back
Top Bottom