Upgrading cage setup

Hello, I got a male veiled Cham, I’ve had him for about 4 months now and I believe he’s about 6-7 months. Anyway, I’m looking to upgrade his cage just because he’s growing out of his and I wanted some advice on plants. Anyone know a good place to get some/which plants are good for Chams. I’ve heard ficus trees are best but I can’t find them anywhere local and they’re pretty damn expensive online... any other plants that are safe and nice for them? Also any advice on how I can keep stable bamboo sticks towards the top of his cage? The string used for sewing didn’t work too well in my experience. Also, any recommendations for an auto-misting system?

Also here’s I included a pic of him, he’s a very attitude heavy guy but that’s a different discussion :D

Attachments

• D2F17FCE-EFC3-4867-B335-F1022C68BBEA.png
    D2F17FCE-EFC3-4867-B335-F1022C68BBEA.png
    945 KB · Views: 142
Not sure where you are located. But Lowes, Homedepot and Walmart sell house plants. The Walmart by my house (Pennsylvania) even had a nice big umbrella plant.

But I did buy most of my plants online since the growing season is coming to an end here in PA and the selection was pretty sparse.

Not sure where you are located. But Lowes, Homedepot and Walmart sell house plants. The Walmart by my house (Pennsylvania) even had a nice big umbrella plant.

But I did buy most of my plants online since the growing season is coming to an end here in PA and the selection was pretty sparse.
Thank you, I will take note! What kind of plants do you have? I’m also having trouble deciding and don’t know which are safest for the chams.

Get dragon ledges for the new cage... then use zip ties to attach to them. https://dragonstrand.com/dragon-ledges/... Same as far as plant ideas. One thing about the ficus that I found is that they do not support much weight unless they are the larger trees. Pothos have worked really well for me with my male veiled and his weight. They are strong.

Good point about the ficus strength -- I like to braid mine!

Get dragon ledges for the new cage... then use zip ties to attach to them. https://dragonstrand.com/dragon-ledges/... Same as far as plant ideas. One thing about the ficus that I found is that they do not support much weight unless they are the larger trees. Pothos have worked really well for me with my male veiled and his weight. They are strong.
Also, any specific cage recommendations? I’m trying to find one with good ventilation.

Also, any specific cage recommendations? I’m trying to find one with good ventilation.

Lots of people here like DragonStrand cages -- they are all screen. Some people have issues regulating humidity in there and opt for a glass cage -- if you do glass it is important for it to have a screen top and venting near the bottom to ensure air circulation.

https://dragonstrand.com/chameleon-cages/

I use the Large Keeper series enclosure for my female panther chameleon. I would say that is the very smallest enclosure you should consider. I would like to eventually upgrade to a Large Screen Atrium or a Large Clear Sided Atrium for her when we move next.

Well specifically what are you working with for humidity etc? You can do all sorts of stuff but if you are in a high humidity area you have to balance out your ambient humidity as well. So it just depends on what your naturally getting currently. :)

Back
Top Bottom