Updates on Gringo the broken tailed Cham.

ElliotG

Chameleon Enthusiast
Hello! I haven’t been as active as I would want to be. Been busy with Gringo, my other lizards, school, and so much more. I just wanted to give a quick update!

Gringo is doing great! Some more of his tail rot off, which seems bad but it was the severely damaged part. I was putting ointment on his tail when it had fell off from me lightly tugging on it as I rubbed the ointment in. The good part about that is when the rotted part fell off he started to bleed, meaning that the other part of his tail is getting blood flow, so hopefully no more rot. He got a good iodine soak and ointment before going back into his enclosure (I made sure he stopped bleeding, and he did). His tail hasn’t gotten worse, it’s been healing really well. It’s still crooked, but it’ll probably be like that forever, adds to him. Here’s some pics of his tail for comparison.

5893E137-2A7E-47BF-9045-595ABF482298.jpeg

Here was his tail a few days after I got Him.

1035B6A5-86A0-4552-8695-461E42D9CC46.jpeg

His tail now (excuse the weird pic, it’s hard to get a good pic of his tail when he moves all the time.) Hopefully it’s smooth sailing from here for the lil guy. (The tip of his tail in the last pic has ointment on it, hence why it looks a bit weird lol!)

You're doing well with it!
Thank you! It’s been a full time job to be honest 😅.

Looking good! How’s his foot? I can see it, but not sure how well it’s healing.
It seems to be healing well, it looks as if he might have a deformed toe from it. I’ll get pictures for you tomorrow!

Yay he's doing well. Thanks for the update. Glad he has you. I say keep him lol. ♡♡
I honestly might, he’s such a sweet boy.

Thank you! It’s been a full time job to be honest 😅.

It seems to be healing well, it looks as if he might have a deformed toe from it. I’ll get pictures for you tomorrow!

I honestly might, he’s such a sweet boy.
Oh so happy you where thete to rescue him. You are doing an amazing job. Gringo is your buddy now! you have to keep him. :)

He has definitely gained some weight in this short period of time. Great job!
Be carful of the swelling- almost looks that way which could be infection.. It just might be angle of picture too.
You already know my opinion on the tail (minimum 2" (actually I would need a ruler to see) to the healthy muscle portion). (y)
Keep up the great work!

He has definitely gained some weight in this short period of time. Great job!
Be carful of the swelling- almost looks that way which could be infection.. It just might be angle of picture too.
You already know my opinion on the tail (minimum 2" (actually I would need a ruler to see) to the healthy muscle portion). (y)
Keep up the great work!
I also thought infection was setting in, but it could also be the fact hes got a curvy tail lol!

Thanks! I’ll see if I can get a pic with a ruler or ever measure his tail. He’s a stinker when it comes to that. I’ve also been super busy renovating a room for myself so that I can give my reptiles their own rooms. Been a lot of freaking work but it’s getting there.

I just do a lot of worrying that is all.. I have seen and worked with a few issues like this before over the years (personal and clients). So it is 100% fixable and if all goes as planed with the vet (remember I am not one) and the snip happens-- Gringo will use the stump and curl around things again. Fact!

I budget for emergences and help other all the time if they ask (I don't want to offend just assist in well being), so the offer of a few $$ is there for him (not you). :) (y)

Networking for the good is always a powerful tool. April there will be a surprise for group members if they act.. Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I just do a lot of worrying that is all.. I have seen and worked with a few issues like this before over the years (personal and clients). So it is 100% fixable and if all goes as planed with the vet (remember I am not one) and the snip happens-- Gringo will use the stump and curl around things again. Fact!

I budget for emergences and help other all the time if they ask (I don't want to offend just assist in well being), so the offer of a few $$ is there for him (not you). :) (y)

Networking for the good is always a powerful tool. April there will be a surprise for group members if they act.. Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
No no no! I don’t need any money, thanks so much though! I’ve got the money (I just got paid today.) I’m just watching his tail a bit closer as the swelling has gone down a ton since I first got him and seems to healing well. I’m trying to salvage as much of his tail as I possibly can, if I notice it go down hill for some reason I’ll get into the vet. Thanks so much for the offer though, just proves to show how close knit this forum is.

Gringo already uses his tail at the current moment! He’s been preserving really well.

I thought I would need to go to the vet ASAP, but with that chunk of dead tissue falling off his tail, I’m pretty hopeful he’ll heal well on his own accord. He seems to be in a-lot less pain after that chunk fell off. I’ll be sure to keep a close watch though incase it does seem to get worse though.

That's very sweet of you. Not that people are bad on this forum, just be careful.

Back
Top Bottom