updated rescue veil

ollygatorsnapper

ok heres a few better pics of her. u can see the hard lump on her forehead rite there. she has a few small lumps on her jaw line. i have an experienced vet looking at her today. i hope he has way more to do with her than my last vet. anybody have a similiar problem to these pics?

sickcham003.jpg

sickcham001.jpg

Greg I'm so glad you found a good vet. The closed eyes could have something to do with anything from lighting, supplements, to RI. I'm not sure about the lump on her forehead it could be from RI. The lumps on the jaw could mean mouth rot. I would have a fecal done too, don't forget the poop!

Poor little girl :( I can`t help, but just wanted to wish you both luck with the new vet - i have everything crossed for you both. :)

That poor girl, it's so sad! I remember seeing something like this before. It's taken a bit of detective work to find the threads, but here they are - hopefully they may be of some help to you. Check out these threads: https://www.chameleonforums.com/im-new-guys-need-urgent-help-32517/ and https://www.chameleonforums.com/please-take-look-berthas-nose-advice-needed-34859/ Good luck with her!

Edit - The same thread was posted on another UK forum and got this response (quoted from the original post) the lump is an abcess resulting from a blocked nasolachrymal duct (nose to eye duct) I thought I should share this info in case it may be of help, although your cham may have something entirely different.

Last edited:
update

thanx guys for all your support. i took her to the vet and he told me it could be one of three things. foreign object, deficiency, or infection.
he used a syringe and extracted some of the infection, not alot, but enough to see if it was bacteria. thats what he believes it is. so now i have her on .2 ml of oral antibiotic, and he said to stick with the ofloxacin eye drops. he said to see how she progresses and definently come back in a month for a checkup. he believes that lump is where the infection took place, which would be to him a sinus infection spread. if she doesnt get better he offered surgery to clean the infected areas out, and if its deep into the bone, he may have to remove a little bit of that also, that would be worse case scenario.

the surgery alone would be roughly four hundred dollars, which made me stress. to my surprise one of the nurses, who has a male chameleon of her own, said if i decided i couldnt afford the surgery and wanted to let her go she would take care of her, she was very astounded by her blue dots and lime green patterns.

so thats a weight off my shoulder. i will deffinently keep posting to show her progress. once again thanx to everyone.

Can you work out a joint custody deal where you still get to visit if you let the nurse take over primary care?

Of course, it might not get to that point. Also, it's possible you could get some help with medical bill from sympathetic souls.

She's very cute.

thanx guys for all your support. i took her to the vet and he told me it could be one of three things. foreign object, deficiency, or infection.
he used a syringe and extracted some of the infection, not alot, but enough to see if it was bacteria. thats what he believes it is. so now i have her on .2 ml of oral antibiotic, and he said to stick with the ofloxacin eye drops. he said to see how she progresses and definently come back in a month for a checkup. he believes that lump is where the infection took place, which would be to him a sinus infection spread. if she doesnt get better he offered surgery to clean the infected areas out, and if its deep into the bone, he may have to remove a little bit of that also, that would be worse case scenario.

the surgery alone would be roughly four hundred dollars, which made me stress. to my surprise one of the nurses, who has a male chameleon of her own, said if i decided i couldnt afford the surgery and wanted to let her go she would take care of her, she was very astounded by her blue dots and lime green patterns.

so thats a weight off my shoulder. i will deffinently keep posting to show her progress. once again thanx to everyone.

Using antibotics requires extra hydration as it is hard on their kidneys. Make sure she has plenty to drink. :)

Back
Top Bottom