Updated Enclosure for Baby Veiled

Pasta

Hey guys, I took the suggestions from the last post and went to the store to get some more equipment. I have information below on the current setup of the cage and how I plan on taking care of the juvenile chameleon once I get it. Any advice at all is appreciated; I really want the environment to be as good as I can get it.

(future) Chameleon Info:
  • Chameleon - Veiled, male, juvenile
  • Feeding - crickets, feed in morning 10-12, zoo-med cricket calcium and gutload block
  • Supplements - zoo-med repti-calcium every day, D3 and multivitamin every 2 weeks (need suggestions for brands)
  • Watering - little dripper, misting 2-5 min twice per day (It's pretty humid naturally down here.)

(current) Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - screen, 16", 16", 30"
  • Lighting - zoo-med 13 watt UVB, zoo-med 100 watt basking lamp, planned 12 hrs on/off
  • Temperature - 73 F-87 F, below 72 overnight*, measured with zoo-med digital thermometer
  • Humidity - 51%, maintain with misting and little dripper, zoo-med dual analogue thermometer and humidity gauge
  • Plants - ficus on ground and pothos hanging from top
  • Placement - located on top of table, not especially close to any vents, not high traffic.
  • Location - TX coastal plains
*Would it be acceptable to keep the heat lamp only on overnight?

Current Problem - Wanted to take recommendations or warnings about my current setup.

Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_3635.JPG
    IMG_3635.JPG
    238.9 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_3636.JPG
    IMG_3636.JPG
    241.3 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_3637.JPG
    IMG_3637.JPG
    301.5 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_3638.JPG
    IMG_3638.JPG
    265 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_3639.JPG
    IMG_3639.JPG
    445.3 KB · Views: 91
Hi there. Beautiful plants. You will want to get larger rock like bigger then an inch to cover the tops of the dirt in your planters. Veileds like to eat the dirt and can get impacted which is not good. My guy loves dirt and will hunt it down lol. Veiled Chameleons can handle temp drops at night safely to 50 degrees. You should not use a heat lamp at night because the light will disturb their sleeping. Also check out www.lightyourreptiles.com for better UVB lighting. The coil UVB bulbs are not as good as the T5 bulbs. Todd there is wonderful and will help you get exactly what you need. I would add more vines. Also keep in mind if you do not have anything on the back or one side of the cage to keep water from being sprayed out you may want to do so. It can get a little messy. It looks like you got a 16x16x30inch cage. I did too and now my guy at 6 months is growing out of it so you will want to upgrade later. Dragon Strand makes beautiful enclosures. I have mine on order. A bit of a wait to get one right now but they solve the water everywhere and pooling at the bottom. Also they have Dragon ledges to attach to the cage sides so you attach directly to those instead of your screen. :)

Hi there. Beautiful plants. You will want to get larger rock like bigger then an inch to cover the tops of the dirt in your planters. Veileds like to eat the dirt and can get impacted which is not good. My guy loves dirt and will hunt it down lol. Veiled Chameleons can handle temp drops at night safely to 50 degrees. You should not use a heat lamp at night because the light will disturb their sleeping. Also check out www.lightyourreptiles.com for better UVB lighting. The coil UVB bulbs are not as good as the T5 bulbs. Todd there is wonderful and will help you get exactly what you need. I would add more vines. Also keep in mind if you do not have anything on the back or one side of the cage to keep water from being sprayed out you may want to do so. It can get a little messy. It looks like you got a 16x16x30inch cage. I did too and now my guy at 6 months is growing out of it so you will want to upgrade later. Dragon Strand makes beautiful enclosures. I have mine on order. A bit of a wait to get one right now but they solve the water everywhere and pooling at the bottom. Also they have Dragon ledges to attach to the cage sides so you attach directly to those instead of your screen. :)
Thanks so much! That's a lot of help :)

Back
Top Bottom