Update: Tail Problems?!

Pascal is at the Vet right now, and had to be left there. I’m still waiting on a call for a diagnosis on his tail, but hopefully it’s good news!

Attachments

• 174A3A5F-4240-4E21-9C01-1DD7B20FDB66.jpeg
    174A3A5F-4240-4E21-9C01-1DD7B20FDB66.jpeg
    84.4 KB · Views: 97
Awe sorry to hear this! I’m glad you were able to get him in! Hopefully all goes well! Best of luck and keep us posted :)
Thank you for the kindness and best wishes! Vet said it was an infection that might have started from the liver and worked it’s way to expose itself on the outside and started in his tail! She said other possibilities but infection was 100% what it was. /: Blood work will tell what is going on!

They have to amputate the tail, which is what I kind of was expecting. :( and then he needs to be on injection antibiotics so the vet is going to teach me tomorrow how to do it! Cost me a little over $500.... but I love my Cham and can’t wait to get him back tomorrow all nice and healthy!
THANK YOU THANK YOU FOR PUTTING YOUR BABY FIRST! We do not see very often where keepers will actually follow up with vet care as well as take on a large vet bill. Here is to a speedy recovery for the lil guy.
If you would like to fill out a Help form just to review your husbandry and to make sure you got all the right info, lighting, and supplements we would be happy to help. The form is at this link just copy and past it into a new thread to ask for a husbandry review. :) https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/how-to-ask-for-help.66/

THANK YOU THANK YOU FOR PUTTING YOUR BABY FIRST! We do not see very often where keepers will actually follow up with vet care as well as take on a large vet bill. Here is to a speedy recovery for the lil guy.
If you would like to fill out a Help form just to review your husbandry and to make sure you got all the right info, lighting, and supplements we would be happy to help. The form is at this link just copy and past it into a new thread to ask for a husbandry review. :) https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/how-to-ask-for-help.66/
As a new keeper myself, I highly recommend a look over husbandry. Just to make sure the infection didn’t start from a potential husbandry issue. @Beman is very helpful and knowledgeable in this arena! :D

It can only benefit you!(y)

Thank you everyone for the kind words and advice and just everything! Glad I came across this website while being a worried chameleon Dad on the internet! will definitely post updates tomorrow!

Back
Top Bottom