Update on Pascal

PascalDude

Hello all!
A while ago I began a new post about my newly adopted chameleon through a tragedy of a friend. I had no idea how to take care of a chameleon nor a reptile of any sort! I was originally told it was a male veiled, but to this day I still have no idea! It does not have heel spurs on it's feet so it may be female? Please let me know if you know what the poor thing is!

Updates
Through all your help in my first post, Pascal's cage and diet have improved greatly! I have both Neodymium uva(50w) and 5.0 ReptiGlo uvb(26w) bulbs and fluker's lamps. Pascal's cage is manually sprayed twice a day (about a pint of water per day), both lamps are on for 12 hours a day, and gets fed about every other day. I feed my crickets fluker's orange cubes and recently bought Zilla brand calcium supplement spray and Fluker's brand electrolyte spray that I apply to the crickets before feeding to my cham. I also have the calcium powder with D3 I apply to one feeding a month/3 weeks.

Questions
1. What gender/age/breed is Pascal?

2. If Pascal is a female, when should I start worrying about her laying eggs?

3. I have tried live mealworms/canned silkworms, collard greens/mustard greens/turnip greens before and Pascal does not see them as food. Should I keep trying or give up?

4. Any other tips??

Photos:
The first is Pascal before I owned (it) back in July.
DSCN3293.jpg

Second is Pascal's new cage. I have also added one more plant to the back wall since this picture was taken. If you have seen my first post, the only thing in there was the fluker's bendy vine! There is a wreath at the floor of the cage as well as a log half. I put two glow-in-the-dark shoelaces in there for halloween! Pascal loves them!!!
DSCN4125.jpg

The third is a recent closeup of Pascal. Any telling the gender/age/breed??
DSCN4149.jpg

Thank you for viewing my post and please let me know if you need more pictures!! :)
All tips and suggestions are greatly appreciated!

looks like a senegal chameleon to me, im thinking its a male cause of the thicker tail base but then it gets skinny so im not 100%, maybe some1 else can help you out with gender. looks about 8 months or so give or take, almost full grown, males dont grow as large as females. if its a female she should get a bit bigger. the set up looks nice and sturdy the only thing is i would suggest is more plants for him to hide in and every on the forums is goin to tell you to lose the substrate.
if you plan to keep it you should only cup feed him and really keep an eye out so he doesnt eat any and get impacted, it could be fatal. if its to keep moisture up live plants usually help alot. these guys are usually wc. not many people have them because of that. im no expert but thats my opinion :D

and as for the feeding, they prefer live food anything that moves and catches their attention. try some roaches or goliath worms. most chams wont eat vegetables.
i have a graceful and he refuses to eat crickets, every once in a while he will eat them, just give him some veriaty.

It is great that Pascal is doing so much better. My only thing to offer it feeding the greens you listed to your crickets will produce healthier crickets for Pascal to eat.

I know pracitcally nothing but it looks like a Graceful to me!! (More than my Graceful, who may be a flapnecked, does!HA!)

I have been keeping my crickets in a separate cage, place Pascal in it, and watch him eat. He usually eats 5 or 6 and then he has this special look to let me know that he's done. lol
This way there are never any dead crickets in his cage and I don't have to worry about him eating the substrate. I only bought one bag of coco fiber, but I can't return it so i thought I would use this process until the bag was used up.

The cage was hand-built by me when I didn't know anything other than they needed a tall square cage. So, there is a sliding glass bottom over wood that I originally thought would make it easy to clean. I know now I should have done some sort of drainage system instead but it's a little late for that now. What should I put on the bottom of the cage instead of the substrate? Would one of those carpet liner things be good? Maybe with one layer of hydroballs underneath?

every1 is gonna tell you no substrate at all, its better safe than sorry. if your gonna do anything with substrate its probly best to cover it with like a weed guard or mesh. personaly i use substrate... hasnt been a problem for my guy but i always cup feed him. it just helps to keep the humidity up. ive heard those jungle carpet things are pretty good. but ther really dont need anything. and as long as you dont have like stagnant water at the bottom or it ALWAYS stays wet you shouldnt have a problem with draining. just try to keep it as clean as possible.

ok sounds good. I just needed something at the bottom because of the glass. And something to help humidity would be good too. Looks liek I'll be investing in a carpet mat then. :)
So Pascal's gender/age(~8mo old)/breed is still unknown then?
I've just learned about the female eggs thing and I'm really worried about it. Especially not even knowing if she is female or not!

im 100%sure its a senegal and like 95% sure its a male. around 8 months maybe 7 judging on size in the first pic. males dont get to much bigger. live plants help a bunch with humidity

couldn't resist....Rapunzel is my princess and when that movie came out and I had a chameleon in my ownership right after...I had to. :)

Back
Top Bottom