Update on my sick chameleon

Haleyr220

Thank you everyone who has been updating, helping and following my journey with my chameleon. I wanted to update everyone who reached out, offered tips and advice.

I bought my chameleon when he was 6 months old at a pet store. I thought I was prepared and sure I had everything I needed for him. I did research but every website says something different than the last. I talked with the pet store people for almost 2 hours listening to how to feed him and directing me to the proper lighting and bulbs and equipment. $500 later I brought him home.

Pascel fell Ill. I got a video of him acting bizarre. I posted on here, but ultimately took him into an emergency hospital clinic.

I found a doctor who specializes in exotic animals (I have 4 so this was a blessing) and he works with one of my fellow church goers. He especially is good with veiled chameleons, I won’t go into his background.

There, I showed him the video of Pascel. I was sure he had a respiratory problem. Little did I know just how bad my Pascel was. He had a stroke in the video I captured. We did an exam and X-ray to which the result was, he was malnourished which resulted in the stroke, and his X-ray showed his spine and rib bones, but you could not see any bones in his tale, arms or legs on top of a respiratory issue.

He had no strength and that’s why he was loosing his grip and dropping. He was still eating and still a great color and pooping normal.

The doctor told me this was not because of anything I did. At that time I had him for less than 3 weeks. The pet store set me up for failure. No, I did not listen to everything they said, but honestly, finding the right correct information proved difficult.

The doctor gave us medicine and a huge packet with everything correct for my chameleon. He also told me we have a reptile store down the road that specializes on reptiles and they own several chameleons. While we talked about everything that correctly needs done and even scheduled an at home visit to make sure all of our reptiles have the correct Necessities.

This reptile store gave me all the right lighting and all the right vitamins and calcium and gut loading and different insects for Pascel. I pretty much had to repurchase everything but his cake. After a $150 doctor visit and $300 for getting the CORRECT materials. I now had everything correct for Pascel.

He is making HUGE progress, he is growing stronger and healthier every day. The doctor said he will make a full recovery as long as I continue with the proper essentials that I now confidently know I have.

Yes, pet stores are not the place to get any pet, yes I feel I deserve a refund, yes I’m so angry that they didn’t just tell me they don’t actually know, but I found out and he is loved and I was not going to let him die. I know people here hate on people who go to pet stores. But I did what it took to make him better.

What a wonderful story to read just before the weekend. I’m so happy he’s now thriving and you, yes you bought him from the pet store. Pet store or not animal deserves a good life. And amazing you where and are so dedicated to help him and give him the best life.
and his X-ray showed his spine and rib bones, but you could not see any bones in his tale, arms or legs on top of a respiratory issue.
Are you really saying his hasn’t have any bones there? Or you just couldn’t see them on the X-ray?

Again great job and wish you both the best 💚

What a wonderful story to read just before the weekend. I’m so happy he’s now thriving and you, yes you bought him from the pet store. Pet store or not animal deserves a good life. And amazing you where and are so dedicated to help him and give him the best life.

Are you really saying his hasn’t have any bones there? Or you just couldn’t see them on the X-ray?

Again great job and wish you both the best 💚
He was bone dense from lack of vitamins, calcium, improper lighting. I did not have the right UVB light, but neither did the pet store he was in before I bought him.

With the right eating, calcium, vitamins, and lighting his bones will get stronger.

And thank you!

He was bone dense from lack of vitamins, calcium, improper lighting. I did not have the right UVB light, but neither did the pet store he was in before I bought him.

With the right eating, calcium, vitamins, and lighting his bones will get stronger.

And thank you!
Amazing!
Absolutely 👌🏻

Thank you everyone who has been updating, helping and following my journey with my chameleon. I wanted to update everyone who reached out, offered tips and advice.

I bought my chameleon when he was 6 months old at a pet store. I thought I was prepared and sure I had everything I needed for him. I did research but every website says something different than the last. I talked with the pet store people for almost 2 hours listening to how to feed him and directing me to the proper lighting and bulbs and equipment. $500 later I brought him home.

Pascel fell Ill. I got a video of him acting bizarre. I posted on here, but ultimately took him into an emergency hospital clinic.

I found a doctor who specializes in exotic animals (I have 4 so this was a blessing) and he works with one of my fellow church goers. He especially is good with veiled chameleons, I won’t go into his background.

There, I showed him the video of Pascel. I was sure he had a respiratory problem. Little did I know just how bad my Pascel was. He had a stroke in the video I captured. We did an exam and X-ray to which the result was, he was malnourished which resulted in the stroke, and his X-ray showed his spine and rib bones, but you could not see any bones in his tale, arms or legs on top of a respiratory issue.

He had no strength and that’s why he was loosing his grip and dropping. He was still eating and still a great color and pooping normal.

The doctor told me this was not because of anything I did. At that time I had him for less than 3 weeks. The pet store set me up for failure. No, I did not listen to everything they said, but honestly, finding the right correct information proved difficult.

The doctor gave us medicine and a huge packet with everything correct for my chameleon. He also told me we have a reptile store down the road that specializes on reptiles and they own several chameleons. While we talked about everything that correctly needs done and even scheduled an at home visit to make sure all of our reptiles have the correct Necessities.

This reptile store gave me all the right lighting and all the right vitamins and calcium and gut loading and different insects for Pascel. I pretty much had to repurchase everything but his cake. After a $150 doctor visit and $300 for getting the CORRECT materials. I now had everything correct for Pascel.

He is making HUGE progress, he is growing stronger and healthier every day. The doctor said he will make a full recovery as long as I continue with the proper essentials that I now confidently know I have.

Yes, pet stores are not the place to get any pet, yes I feel I deserve a refund, yes I’m so angry that they didn’t just tell me they don’t actually know, but I found out and he is loved and I was not going to let him die. I know people here hate on people who go to pet stores. But I did what it took to make him better.
Thank you for saving him!!❤️

Back
Top Bottom