Update on my melleri

MSAquatics

I haven't posted anything concerning my melleri in awhile, so I thought I'd post an update. Both chams are doing great. My male that had the bad URI has recovered nicely, and is steadily gaining weight. Unfortunately, his right eye, the eye that had the bad infection, is obviously blind. I think it may have been injured during collection and/or during shipping and handling. He can still shoot for insects, but only at short ranges.

I'm currently debating on building them both large individual cages. Keeping the humidity up in the room their free rage is located in during the winter has caused some mold and humidity damage to the room. Also I'm concerned with how someone will be able to feed them individually, and drag 10gals of water up every three days to refill the mistking resivour, as well as empty the drainage container. All this would be much easier in individual cages. It also would allow me to keep them out of sight of each other for most of the year, and reintroduce them in the breeding season to hopefully have better luck at successfully breeding them.

I'll post some new pics from my computer shortly.

Leland

030.jpg

029.jpg

031.jpg

I was just wondering about your two, I was going to shoot you a message. I'm glad they're doing well, they look great!

Does anyone have any pictures of Melleri eating?

I need them for a poster and a bumper sticker for "The OctoMellerium Project."

Thanks.

I've got a few good ones I can still shot from a video, but my phone is my camera. Deb and Olimpia have a higher quality camera so they can probably provide a much higher quality picture.

Leland

Back
Top Bottom