Update on Kami/New Free Range

NosyBeT360

Ive had My little Nosy Be Panther for about 3 months now and she has been doing very well!! I threw up a make shift frree range for her recently and she has been going crazy for it. If it was up to her she would spend all her time on the free range, it's very apparent when she sits at her door and puts her feet to the cage and stares at the vines and plants above! Anyways here are some pics of her! :D :D :D

IMAG0207.jpg

IMAG0206.jpg

IMAG0176.jpg

IMAG0175.jpg

How the free range began to come together, she couldnt wait for it to be done. :p
IMAG0214.jpg

Now the free range is done until i get a few new ideas. any suggestions?
IMAG0223.jpg

Kami saying "get the camera out of my face and let me outta here..."
IMAG0221.jpg

Well i couldn't say no to that face so i let her out for a little stroll before bed and next thing i knew...
IMAG0227.jpg

And this is tonight before bed... shes such a cutie! :p
IMAG0230.jpg

She's a looker
And yup that's why I just went full free range for my guy if you're looking for ideas check it out it's just somethin that'll progress with time I think it helps them out psychologically not being in a cage but who knows?

People are always talking about how they want their chameleon to like them or climb on them. Since ive set up the Free Range She climbs on me or anyone who gets close enough now so she can try to get from you to the free range lol. She has no fear anymore, or atleast the desire to get on her free range is greater than the fear :p

Kami is a fatty and she needs the excercize too so whenever she wants out i kindly oblige her :)

Thanks for the compliments and advice!! Ill have to tell Kami about how she's just a little cutie when i let her out in a minute :D

Right now she only has the mercury vapor bulb because that was what was recommended to me at the store where i purchased her. After reading many posts on here I'm swapping to a 2 light system, with a reptisun 5.0 and a 60 watt house bulb. I'll just keep the mercury vapor and use it for uvb and a basking spot for her free range. :D

She must have a source of uv. If not, she will be in serious, irreversible trouble. Not meaning to lecture you, but get her uv TODAY. Make sure her uv is right next to her basking so she can get both heat and uv at the same time.

Mercury vapor bulbs do put off UV. She was basking under it this morning. No worries, on the lecturing thing i mean. You're just being helpful!! The mercury vapor bulb is just too hot to place very close, so I raise it and check temps often to be sure she isnt getting to hot.

Mercury vapor bulbs do put off UV. She was basking under it this morning.

Right, but the fall off rate is very steep and if your raising the lamp up higher to back off the heat intensity the uv intensity is going with it. I wouldn't risk it with your beautiful lady, linear lamps are tried and true and allow the cham to get very close to it without risking a burn.

For sure. I'll be getting a linear bulb very soon!!!!
I had thouht that mercury vapor bulbs put off way more uvb, I guess I was misinformed!!
Thanks again!!! Constructive criticism is always welcome here!!!

Thanks a lot for that video!!! It was really informative, if anyone elae isn't sure about the best bulb then you should watch!

Back
Top Bottom