update on fischers tounge! oh happy day!

VeiledOwner87

just wanted to share, that over more than a dreadful month, my fischer's who had a sever vitamin deffincency and tounge issue (not shooting his tounge, taking anywhere from 10-20 minutes to swollow his food), well... im confident to say he has fully recovered! i just feed him, and ive never seen his tounge go so far. a good 3.5-4 inches! he is doing absolutely amazing and is going through yet ANOTHER shed!

just did what the pet stores and whoever prior to them didn't. i researched the issue and read that it could be a few things, (dehydration, vitamin defficiency) so i targeted those first. giving him great gut loads, dusted everyfeeding with plain calcium for about 3 weeks. gave him water constantly, and supplimented 2 or 3 times with repcal herptivite and the same with rep cal d3. i know that it seems highly overloaded. but now that he has gained a lot of meat back, and is now using his tounge, i can put him on the same feeding and supplimenting schedual as my other chams.

thank you guys. i will post some pics when he is done shedding. im so proud of him! he just devoured a decently big hornworm. what would of usually taken him almost a half an hour, he had it down in less than 5! :D thank God

Back
Top Bottom