Update on Chandler Bing

Jevin

Chameleon Enthusiast
Well I figured it was time to do an update for Chandler, his bioactive setup is doing wonderfully and he's still going strong at 6 years of age. I'm actually curious if he'll live longer than average as then I should take a closer look at my care for him. Also time for a new UV bulb.
16547161509986344627795894758632.jpg
16547161631857202043046386931825.jpg

He's definitely a grumpy old man, didn't take to kindly to me swapping out the old Arcadia bulb. I haven't noticed any decrease in appetite or activity. He is more open to handling though than he was when he was younger, to the point of walking out onto my hand when I offer it. He's also starting another shed here. Unfortunately I don't have an exact age for him as I acquired him from PetSmart and have not seen any of the PetSmart stores in my city carry chameleons since. My best guess is he was around 6 months to a year when I acquired him as he was starting to develop colors when I bought him in the fall of 2017. Honestly I'm happy he's lived this long all things considered.
16547185344694344973971644112536.jpg

This is when it first got him.
20171019_143550.jpg

Last edited:
Even his colors haven't faded, but he does show a wider variety of colors and shades than he did when he was younger. His grip is still strong, but he's always had a habit of finding spots in the cage where he doesn't have to hold on. When I'm handling him, he's never held on tight, but has on others. So he's going to be at least 5.5 years old come this fall, I'd say that's pretty good for him being my second chameleon I've ever owned.

Also got around to doing some reorganizing and trimming on Chandler's enclosure. It's safe to say that he is one of my pride and joys. And the pitcher plants are thriving because any crickets he doesn't eat end up in the pitcher plants. Never thought my first attempt at a bioactive enclosure would go as planned. Also my backup isopod colony is now established so I can start to sell off excess.
20220608_144823.jpg
20220608_144831.jpg

Well I figured it was time to do an update for Chandler, his bioactive setup is doing wonderfully and he's still going strong at 6 years of age. I'm actually curious if he'll live longer than average as then I should take a closer look at my care for him. Also time for a new UV bulb. View attachment 325334View attachment 325335
What a beautiful setup! I just have had veiled chams and am learning the other kinds. What kind is this one?

I am working on my first bioactive enclosures. I was supposed to go get isopods and springtails today, but my kiddos got me sick, lol. I saw a You Tube video with a guy that does bioactive for all his panther chams. He had super worms and meal worms and other things in his soil. Are we able to do that? I could see that resulting in impaction if the cham goes to try to eat one out of the soil and gets some of the soil with it. Having been so successful with your bioactive, do you have any tips for other first timers?

Back
Top Bottom