Update on Bogart the MBD nosy!

bimac6

Avid Member
Hey guys, just thought I'd shoot an update for our runt baby Bogart. to spare you finding his background story I got him from a breeder and he showed up with somewhat severe MBD for being only 4 months old.
24azy9s.jpg

His front limbs both look like this and his back ones look like Z's. He was also the runt of the hatch so on top of the MBD stunting his growth, he was WAY smaller than his brother Benedict we got as well. His colors were very dull.

He is now 6 months and almost caught up in size to his brother. It's funny. He is very sweet to us most of the time, and Benedict is very aggressive. But when it comes to them seeing eachother, Bogart is the one that puffs up and tries to bite and Benedict is the one to run away.

Anyway, his limbs look the same of course but it also hasn't progressed since we had it treated. Here is how he has colored up! I love his little yellow mouth.

s0N2l9Vl.jpg

And who says chameleons can't camouflage with the walls?!

btBLzDOl.jpg

Handsome little dude! Glad to see you helped him get better and stuck with him! :)

I couldn't give him back! The breeder asked me to ship him back and he'd send me another but instead I told him we'd keep him, and we ended up getting his brother as well. Thanks! :)

Thanks for the update! I remember your original thread when all this unfolded and I am so glad that he is thriving under your care, great work! :) He looks fantastic :)

I was worried that there must be something else wrong with him for him to be in such bad shape while his siblings were fine. I guess he just was getting out-competed for food... although that doesn't add up considering his dominance over Benedict.

Keep us updated!

Thanks for the update! I remember your original thread when all this unfolded and I am so glad that he is thriving under your care, great work! :) He looks fantastic :)

I was worried that there must be something else wrong with him for him to be in such bad shape while his siblings were fine. I guess he just was getting out-competed for food... although that doesn't add up considering his dominance over Benedict.

Keep us updated!

Thanks. I'm so glad he's growing up well as well. I can't imagine how he got in the state he was in but I'm not complaining as long as it doesn't progress :)

He is stunningly beautiful! Bogart is very lucky he was sent to you. Someone else may have not been as knowledgeable. Good job nursing him back to health. :)

Keep us updated!

Can some Chameleon's not absorb vitamins/nutrients? Other than Bogart getting out competed for food, that's the only thing I can think of. That's considering there wasn't any negligence from the breeder.

Can some Chameleon's not absorb vitamins/nutrients? Other than Bogart getting out competed for food, that's the only thing I can think of. That's considering there wasn't any negligence from the breeder.

I am not completely sure. The breeder told me he was the runt. Do runts usually have trouble with absorbing? I was thinking since he was the "runt" maybe that's why he was affected and none of his siblings were. I don't know though. He eats like a beast and he doesn't have any trouble shooting for his food, and based on how aggressive he is when he saw his brother, I can't imagine him being out-competed. I don't know though!

Also that's why I didn't want to send him back when they asked me to. I didn't want him to given to an unsuspecting person, or worse, die without given a chance! :(

Back
Top Bottom