Update. Laying bin

Seadrah

Hey guys I posted yesterday about my veiled having eggs. So I set up my Laying bin for her and I was wondering if I could get some comments on if it's right or not. I used organic soil with no fertilizers or chemicals and its about 10 inches full of dirt. Thanks :)

Attachments

• 14690387821411294385806.jpg
    14690387821411294385806.jpg
    225.5 KB · Views: 157
Sounds good to me. I think the key component is to be sure that your girl can dig and the soil will hold the tunnel and not just collapse on her. I have never set up a laying bin, just going by what I have heard / read.

Cage looks kind of small.. what are the dims of the cage? 16" x 16" x 30"?

Looks good to me if like what was said it holds good enough to make a tunnel. Now the best thing you can do is try to give her as much privacy as possible. Good luck

I've read things and I'm just not sure to know how long she needs. I don't want to interrupt her and spook her. And how do I know when she's done? I've read that you can tell they're done when they go back up but what she she never goes down? I just got her not even a week ago and I'm not 100 percent sure she's ready to lay. Shes been venturing to the bottom of the cage walking on the floor. I just want the best for her

I could and if not do you think I should put the normal plant back if she's not going to lay?

At around 5 months old they should have a laying bin in their enclosure at all times so you don't miss the subtle signs of them needing to lay.

Back
Top Bottom