Update - does he look healthy?

hey everyone! Wanted to post an update on Kubo, my ambilobe from chameleon paradise.

As this is my first chameleon, I wanted to post pictures here and ensure he looks okay to everyone. He seems to be acting, eating, drinking, pooping well, but it never hurts to get a second paid of eyes.

Let me know what y'all think!

Attachments

• IMG_0190.JPG
    IMG_0190.JPG
    306 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_0191.JPG
    IMG_0191.JPG
    315.7 KB · Views: 139
He doesn't seem to eat as much as most say, he'lol eat a lot some days, and some days he won't eat more than 1-2 large crickets.

He should be about 9 months old now!

I am new at this, but he looks good to me :). Have you tried offering a variety of food sources to see what he likes to eat or how are you feeding? My guy like to be cup fed and occasionally will take things from hand or tongs. I have read that some only like to eat a certain way. Again, I am very green. I am sure someone with more experience then me can help with the feeding question.

He doesn't seem to eat as much as most say, he'lol eat a lot some days, and some days he won't eat more than 1-2 large crickets.

He should be about 9 months old now!
At 9 months he's probably just slowing down a bit on eating. Mine are 11 month to a year and they eat less than before. Some days they eat everything I give them and some days one or two or nothing at all. It's totally normal.

Yeah usually around 9 month is the most average age that I have found most males slow down. Females.... you have to wean them first and way before they think they are ready (always wants the food they do) ^^

At 9 months he's probably just slowing down a bit on eating. Mine are 11 month to a year and they eat less than before. Some days they eat everything I give them and some days one or two or nothing at all. It's totally normal.
This makes me feel much better!

He seems to be fairly picky for a chameleon, he likes crickets and will almost always eat them, when I offer a wax worm pretty much lunches at it. He won't touch horn worms, and only eats the occasional roach. This past week he's been all about super worms, but I don't want to feed him too much for fear of constipation issues.

Back
Top Bottom