Unsure about my chameleon

He has currently been in a small vertical 20g so I can keep an eye on him.. I use newspaper no lose substrate..do ya'll think he could of swallowed his tongue?

Attachments

• 20191231_212923.jpg
    20191231_212923.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 114
  • 20191231_212925.jpg
    20191231_212925.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 82
  • 20191231_212926.jpg
    20191231_212926.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 63
I appreciate your position. However, a vet visit is not a suggestion, it’s a necessity. He needs a good herp vet as soon as you can.
Unfortunately that's not for two days. He's now sticking his tongue out and retches when you touch him.

super sorry to say that he doesn't have two days, he needs a vet may it be an emergency vet or somewhere else that will take him soon

I apologize to everyone. I thank everyone for your immediate help but he unfortunately passed that night. I could not find anyone open since it was New Years. I will not be doing another chameleon anytime soon..beautiful but delicate animals ;-;

I apologize to everyone. I thank everyone for your immediate help but he unfortunately passed that night. I could not find anyone open since it was New Years. I will not be doing another chameleon anytime soon..beautiful but delicate animals ;-;
So sorry he didn’t make it. :( If you do decide again in the future to try again with a cham, come back here first and all will help you get everything set up so you can have long happy and healthy years with one.

Very sorry to hear about your loss.

Whilst definitely not *easy* pet to keep, veiled and panthers are not that delicate if you have the proper equipment. It sounds like you got some bad information/advice on your UVB bulb which led to a severe case of MBD. Now that you know what went wrong and have access to proper information from these forums, I do hope you will give them another try sometime.

Sorry to hear your Loss OP.

what exactly are vita bugs... they sound very much not like the feeders I just mentioned... jkjk but seriously I wouldn't. not if he wont keep food down. like what type of bugs are vita bugs???

In case you didn't find out yet,

"Vita Bugs" are a brand name and are fed some special "Super" gutload.

One of my local shop sells "Vita Crickets" they are 19 cents each, vs the normal crickets at the other shop for 12 cents. Sucks that the other shop is 30 mins away, but I don't put much stock into the "Vita" stuff. They seem to spend alot of flashy marketing, but is there really science there, IDK.

At first they were just BSFL which retain nutrition from their feed very well for a long time. So gutloading at home isn't really needed. However now it's a full line of Crickets, Supers, BSFL, Mealworms, Wax worms.

Last edited:
Sorry for your loss op

Sorry to hear your Loss OP.

In case you didn't find out yet,

"Vita Bugs" are a brand name and are fed some special "Super" gutload.

One of my local shop sells "Vita Crickets" they are 19 cents each, vs the normal crickets at the other shop for 12 cents. Sucks that the other shop is 30 mins away, but I don't put much stock into the "Vita" stuff. They seem to spend alot of flashy marketing, but is there really science there, IDK.

At first they were just BSFL which retain nutrition from their feed very well for a long time. So gutloading at home isn't really needed. However now it's a full line of Crickets, Supers, BSFL, Mealworms, Wax worms.
Ohhhh ok thanks!!

Back
Top Bottom