unmated female chameleon question

Scott2142

Hi everyone

My girl is about half year old, and she is gaining some weight(visually) and being restless during the past week, but I don't see any gravid patterns on her, I prepared her a laying bin with about 10 inches deep Eco Earth/sand:5/5 in a 12 inches tall, 10 inches wide flower pot, but she seems not interested. Is she about to lay unfertilized eggs? Do females show gravid patterns when they lay unfertilized eggs?

Thanks

Attachments

• QQ图片20190119111602.jpg
    QQ图片20190119111602.jpg
    201.5 KB · Views: 124
  • QQ图片20190119111609.jpg
    QQ图片20190119111609.jpg
    195.7 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
In my experience, if she is down at the bottom/pot area, she is either hunting (I have a couple of oddballs that like to roam the bottom to be sure they got all of the bugs available), or more likely scouting a spot to lay. I have had a young/unmated female dig and lay unfertilized eggs in the plant pot for sure. She didn't show any pattern or get dark like they do when gravid with fertile eggs. I am sure there are lots of people with good advice to be found here, but I say just give her lots of options of where to lay and keep an eye on her.

are you giving her adaquete privacy while she is in the lay bin?

She is just roaming around up and down, still eating a couple bugs everyday, I have never seen her go into the bin or dig anywhere, she spend most of the time roaming on branches than going down.

I cover her enclosure with a black T, and only water her every morning and after she sleeps

Back
Top Bottom