Unknown Panther Locale Help

Holographic

DSC_0052.JPG
PSX_20180126_171958.jpg
Hey everyone, I got my grumpy little guy back in November and i was told that he is an Ambilobe but I have my doubts. I have not seen another with his coloration at his size so I was wondering what everyone's thoughts are. (Hes about 4.5 inches nose to base of tail, age unknown)

I also had concerns about the jaw. She or he just got off of antibiotics for a Uri last month. Vet said everything was normal when I asked about it.
DSC_0044.JPG
DSC_0037.JPG

I'm definitely surprised that it's female. She's rather feisty. Periodicly hissing. When I first got her she was a blue green but after the antibiotic this has been her primary coloration. Figured it was just a mood at first.

The mouth looks like it could be infected, you should look through the health forums to find out what it could be, but yeah shes a girl

In addition to the above comments, all of which I agree with, are you using a compact fluorescent bulb? If so, please get rid of it and replace it with a linear tube UVB light. Compact fluorescents are no good

Well she is a lovely girl. Her colors are consistent with ambilobe females but locale in females is difficult to determine. She will need a laying bin asap. She is looking ready to lay eggs.
This should show you what you need. https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/laying-bin-set-up-educational-video.77225/
As far as her mouth goes I would always keep an eye on it. The deformity may make her more prone to infection in the area so be sure to look in there every chance you get when she gapes at you or eats.
Compact fluorescent lights are acceptable for smaller cages. If you get the chance upgrade to linear bulbs for more optimum UVB distribution. If I was starting from scratch I would get linear but the kits send people down the more expensive path in the long run.
Worry about your lights later get a laying bin now.

Back
Top Bottom