Unique Ambanja...

bighutch917

I acquired this sub-adult WC Ambanja a few months ago and he is quite a anomoly. When he arrived, his background was pale grey as were his bars but with fire red speckles. Shortly thereafter, his body turned peach like that of a receptive female. At that point, I began to question his sex because he displayed no noticeable hemi penal bulge. The riddle was quickly solved after I introduced him to one of my hot Ambanja dams :D. Although he is not your typical rainbow Ambanja, I think he is very unique and I look forward to his future morphing phases.

Attachments

• LSAmbanja004.jpg
    LSAmbanja004.jpg
    246.7 KB · Views: 306
That doesnt look like an ambanja. The rostral protuberance is too small to be an ambanjas. Ambanjas have a longer one compared to other locales

With the slightly down turned rostral and the red speckling, I'd agree It looks like a Nosy Boraha.

I am going to say its a very young Nosy Radama Furcifer Pardalis :D I I have only seen 1 other ever in person. they are gray with dark bars most of the time but as they get older they fire up pink with red dots. And over in the uk I have heard that some times they go to that town right next door by boat to fill a order but thats what a importer told me. But This is just what I am thinking he could be a late blooming ambanja:)

Thank you for the comments.

Trust me, I have considered all of the above locales but his juvie pics resemble a bland Ambanja more than anything else (sorry but I don't have them on hand). I didn't produce him, therefore I can only rely on the information provided to me by the importer at the time of purchase :rolleyes:.

The solid barring is a recent development and I am sure that there is more to come. Initially, I assumed that his age was a factor and that he needed time to color up but he has been slow to do so. I am certain that his true identity will unfold within the coming months and I promise to keep you guys updated with his progress.

Thank you for the comments.

Trust me, I have considered all of the above locales but his juvie pics resemble a bland Ambanja more than anything else (sorry but I don't have them on hand). I didn't produce him, therefore I can only rely on the information provided to me by the importer at the time of purchase :rolleyes:.

The solid barring is a recent development and I am sure that there is more to come. Initially, I assumed that his age was a factor and that he needed time to color up but he has been slow to do so. I am certain that his true identity will unfold within the coming months and I promise to keep you guys updated with his progress.

Please do so, he is a very intriguing fella. He resembles an ambanja, but look at any picture of a true ambanja and you'll see what I mentioned.. The rostral protuberance is a little too small.

all i can say after seeing this is that the grey on him is amazing!!! i never seen a male panther with grey on that body except for a boraha. but its colored strips got me questioning what type. could be a cross or could be a new breed that would be awesome or morph.

Back
Top Bottom