Uncomfortable looking tail positions

nightanole

Chameleon Enthusiast
IMG_20220130_160435.jpg

Beautiful Red tegu (or black and white getting ready to shed) (y) -- Looks massive!
Could you imagine a "wind-up" whip from a tail like that? WOW!
Thanks for sharing.

Beautiful Red tegu (or black and white getting ready to shed) (y) -- Looks massive!
Could you imagine a "wind-up" whip from a tail like that? WOW!
Thanks for sharing.

You dont really get tail whips. But they are really good at "death rolling". So you are trying to pickup 14 pounds of digger that can also just death roll right out of your arms. Its a lot easier to just do the hand over hand method with the beardies...

Cool about the tail whips.. I had Savannah monitor who was very tame but on occasion would share his whipping power. Tegus might be different. Never had one or knew of someone having one. Just watch the whipping power on TV invasive species in Florida. But, those seem to only be black and white.
Great shot!!! (y)

Cool about the tail whips.. I had Savannah monitor who was very tame but on occasion would share his whipping power. Tegus might be different. Never had one or knew of someone having one. Just watch the whipping power on TV invasive species in Florida. But, those seem to only be black and white.
Great shot!!! (y)

We tegu tails can be ripped off, or they can squeeze and pop them off themselves. And they dont grow back. So odds are they have a bit of a mind set to only whip as a last resort. Mine just uses it as a helicopter in order to not get picked up lol.

Beautiful!

So maybe there is a point where regeneration stops happening. I have seen Argentine tail regrowth which ended up being about 1/2 of original tail with the lack of pigmentation.

Thanks again for the picture--- If you are in So Cal and need a baby sitter-- free of charge. :LOL: (y) (y)

nightanole---- Is that you or off internet? I have seen this tegu before -- I think they were videos. :unsure:

Well if you follow my posts, I am all over the place with my love for critters. The larger lizards are so misunderstood but so are many animals.

Thanks and Is MacGyver yours? or just famous? haahaa (y)

Back
Top Bottom