Unbagging "The Hurricane"

drcrossfire

Avid Member
So for those of you who don't know what I am referring to, "The Hurricane" arrived at my doorstep this morning! https://www.chameleonforums.com/bagging-hurricane-109192/

IMG_0070_zps096e1499.jpg

Not going to lie... I was a little scared. But after finally getting through the heavy security of tape and zip ties... I managed to get my first look at this stunning beauty.

IMG_0071_zps2ba93435.jpg

IMG_0072_zpsacaef0a5.jpg

IMG_0073_zpsa7cb02f3.jpg

Now I'm stuck in the debate... do I risk it and stick my hand in? Or just let him go into his cage untouched by just setting the bag in there.

Screw it I thought-- and braving where few have gone before... stuck my hand into the bag of doom. What followed... i would say i wasnt expecting...
IMG_0074_zpsb4b5da1b.jpg

The little bastard ran straight up my arm and onto the top of my head. Now I cant see him... and he is just sitting there. Finally-- after some quick ninja moves, I got him to actually let me hold him. Though only briefly... i think the cold and trauma of the shipment switched him from the fight response to "flight".. because he took off into his cage right after

IMG_0075_zps0f1bbb3e.jpg

IMG_0076_zps33e62fdf.jpg

Thanks so much Robmd1 --- I am very excited to have this little guy in our breeding stock! He is going to make some excellent nosy faly's-- even if I can never hold him again!!!

Like a true chameleon addict-- today I got my fix :)

Dan I think he likes you. His daddy Rob, put him in a bag and you rescued him. He will love you forever. And he really is beautiful. Congrats

Dan I think he likes you. His daddy Rob, put him in a bag and you rescued him. He will love you forever. And he really is beautiful. Congrats

Just went down to say hello...he tried to take off my hand. Guess that romance is over with......:rolleyes:

I tell you it runs in there blood! I finally have Apollo hand feeding. But he still hates me.Hurricane is smok'en!! He will make some awesome babies.

lol she dont know him very well do she.....

Just went down to say hello...he tried to take off my hand. Guess that romance is over with......:rolleyes:

lmao.. i knew it wouldnt last.......

just got bk home had a dr's app.. Im glad ya got ya fix Dan im sure it was killin ya havin paid for a faly an not bein able to get him for a few months ida been out of my mind waiting..glad he made it there safe an that your happy with him.. cant wait to see the lil ones ya produce with him.

Congrats Dan!!! He really is a AWESOME faly:cool:

My Maramokotro didn't like me either but now is really easy to handle....so not all are haters ;)

So for those of you who don't know what I am referring to, "The Hurricane" arrived at my doorstep this morning! https://www.chameleonforums.com/bagging-hurricane-109192/

IMG_0070_zps096e1499.jpg

Not going to lie... I was a little scared. But after finally getting through the heavy security of tape and zip ties... I managed to get my first look at this stunning beauty.

IMG_0071_zps2ba93435.jpg

IMG_0072_zpsacaef0a5.jpg

IMG_0073_zpsa7cb02f3.jpg

Now I'm stuck in the debate... do I risk it and stick my hand in? Or just let him go into his cage untouched by just setting the bag in there.

Screw it I thought-- and braving where few have gone before... stuck my hand into the bag of doom. What followed... i would say i wasnt expecting...
IMG_0074_zpsb4b5da1b.jpg

The little bastard ran straight up my arm and onto the top of my head. Now I cant see him... and he is just sitting there. Finally-- after some quick ninja moves, I got him to actually let me hold him. Though only briefly... i think the cold and trauma of the shipment switched him from the fight response to "flight".. because he took off into his cage right after

IMG_0075_zps0f1bbb3e.jpg

IMG_0076_zps33e62fdf.jpg

Oh he was OK as long as he thought you were a nice warm tree. YOU ruined it by moving! Now he knows you are just another annoying human and will treat you accordingly. That little face looked so innocent peering out of the bag. You'll probably have to go ahead and let him bite you...then you'll stop worrying about it as much. You have to admire his attitude facing a huge hairy odd-looking predator (you) anyway:D

Back
Top Bottom