Unanswered.:D

FooL111394

My cham is about 8 or 9 months and I was wondering about how many crickets I should be feeding him every other day or everyday. I have read up on many people's schedules but would like to know what you guys think is the best?

when my male veiled was 6-7 months i fed him 20-25 large a day. he would have ate more but you have to be carefull growing to fast can cause problems. he now eats 10 large crix, 3 silkies, 3 supers a day. i am gradualy cutting him back as he gets older. he is now about 8 months old.

wow, i feed my full grown veiled only like 3-4 crix. and 4 supers every other day, and thats all he will eat, whereas my melleri 5 months eats like 15 med crix and about 8-9 supers every day.

Many people feed adults 5-10 insects every other day, dumping them all in in the morning. I prefer to feed fewer insects at a time, at intervals through the day, and feed almost every day.

Many people feed adults 5-10 insects every other day, dumping them all in in the morning. QUOTE]

This is what I do. (pointing up at Sandra's quote)

My male veiled is 2 yrs and 3 months old and will only eat supers. He is offered 5 every other day and sometimes only eats 2 or 3.

Female veiled is almost 2. She is offered 7 crickets (or the equivalent) every other day and ALWAYS eats them all (unless it's egg laying week).

Female veiled is 9 months and is offered 7 crickets (or the equivalent) every other day and so far ...(she's new) eats them all.

Everybody looks good, no weight problems or prolapse issues, eggs have come out fine so far, etc.

Feeders live on beds of crushed cheerios and are constantly gut loaded with
fresh greens (collard, romaine, dandelion) shredded carrot, squash, sweet potato, apple and cooked egg.

-Brad

Many people feed adults 5-10 insects every other day, dumping them all in in the morning. QUOTE]

This is what I do. (pointing up at Sandra's quote)

My male veiled is 2 yrs and 3 months old and will only eat supers. He is offered 5 every other day and sometimes only eats 2 or 3.

Female veiled is almost 2. She is offered 7 crickets (or the equivalent) every other day and ALWAYS eats them all (unless it's egg laying week).

Female veiled is 9 months and is offered 7 crickets (or the equivalent) every other day and so far ...(she's new) eats them all.

Everybody looks good, no weight problems or prolapse issues, eggs have come out fine so far, etc.

Feeders live on beds of crushed cheerios and are constantly gut loaded with
fresh greens (collard, romaine, dandelion) shredded carrot, squash, sweet potato, apple and cooked egg.

-Brad

As always thanks Brad. It is good to know how others (who are so successful) do things. :)

Back
Top Bottom