Umm...?

Admiral

My senegal chameleon just pooped and its the first time ive seen him do it since I got him, but its very liquidy and theres no white. (Ive had him about a week.)

After this he immediately wanted out of his terrarium. He walked quickly to the bottom and started scratching at the door. He was changing to colors but as soon as I let him onto me he changed back to his normal calm colors. His coloration was brownish red feet, brown down his back and bright green spots over pale green. Ive never seen this coloration on him before, and it mightve been a panic thing.

Very recently he stopped eating as much and I havent seen him drink anything. I keep his tank sprayed and put a small shallow bowl of water in for good measure.

I want to take him to the vet soon to make sure he doesnt have any parasites, but what do you guys think?

Was there any yellow/orange to the "poop"?

You can take the water dish out, the only thing he might use it for is to poop in, and its unnecessary.

They drink from falling water, and water drops that collect in the enclosure.

If you could post pictures of the fecal matter he passed, and of the enclosure and animal, it would be easier to give feedback.

Im not personally familiar with that species at all.

Filling out the help form might be a good idea:
https://www.chameleonforums.com/how-ask-help-66/

Back
Top Bottom