Ultrasonic humidifier pros and cons

guanagator

Avid Member
I picked up one over the weekend and it can't be used with a timer because of the way the digital power switch works. Wondering what brands/ models you guys are using and the pros and cons you've discovered using them so far. I'm going to be testing them with my montanes to reduce the amount of time I'm running misters during the day and also to boost humidity overnight when needed.

I'm not sure if mine is available in the USA.
I have the Medisana AH665.
It's a digital humidyfier with a hygrostat which is also why I bought it.

pros:
- hygrostat, can leave it on all day and it will manage humidity
-large tank, lasts for days
-preset, you can set it up to run in a few hours from now instead of right away.

cons:
- can't hook it to a timer or plan a schedule (but it has the hygrostat so I don't dealt need it)
- the beeps are loud

I'm not sure if mine is available in the USA.
I have the Medisana AH665.
It's a digital humidyfier with a hygrostat which is also why I bought it.

pros:
- hygrostat, can leave it on all day and it will manage humidity
-large tank, lasts for days
-preset, you can set it up to run in a few hours from now instead of right away.

cons:
- can't hook it to a timer or plan a schedule (but it has the hygrostat so I don't dealt need it)
- the beeps are loud

Thanks, really want to find one I can have on a timer anybody else care to share what they are using?

Nobody has one of these on a simple on off timer? Come on?! I don't want to buy another brand until I know if I can use it with a plug in timer but I'm really liking the results from the first week of using this one manually. I've been kicking it on around an hour after dark when the ac is running hard to make the room drop and sucking moisture out, feel it's less bothersome to the chameleons than using the mistking overnight.

I have a Crain cool mist humidifier, I think it's what you would consider a ultrasonic. I have it hooked up to a humidity controller which turns it on at 60%, and shuts it off at 85%, so I don't know why it wouldn't work on a timer. thPFX12QIQ.jpg thS8M7GGBQ.jpg

I was curious about the
House of hydros fog ponics ultrasonic mist maker set up for my chameleons i might get the 3 disc not sure yet anyone have any input on this particular setup

I was curious about the
House of hydros fog ponics ultrasonic mist maker set up for my chameleons i might get the 3 disc not sure yet anyone have any input on this particular setup
I don't own one of those, but personally I think it would be over kill. My cool mist humidifier only has one dick, and it more than suffices as long as it is pumped in via piping. My unit albeit not the same quality only cost around $35 dollars.

I completely understand. Just curious because it said it can be used for green houses and i keep 5 of my chameleons outside so i was looking for something with more output and it says it has an auto shut off when dry

Great for keeping humidity up, looks cool as hell for that mystical jungle theme for pictures,

Cons, it must be kept very clean and sanitized, the moisture build up allow bacteria and gunk to start to build up very fast, the humidifier itself may start to need to be flushed with bleach solution and a vinegar solution after. If it's not kept clean in can cause issues.

And when I mean cleaning is needed I really mean it, the plumbing you use will also need cleaning.

Back
Top Bottom