UK silkworms

stalincat

Hi,
it is I again.. asking about silkworms again:)
Anyone knows of any silks around apart from silkwormstore? Their worms just turn into goo no matter what I do. tried many times with the same result. Decided not to to bother anymore.

Just some tips for you, this seems to be a big issue in Europe. If you have had silkworms in your house and this happens to you, buying from another source wont rid the issue. This is a very hard to kill virus, and once it blooms it takes time to rid it. I would recommend cleaning and bleaching everything, air the place out well. Do not attempt to grow the worms for a month from the time you start cleaning. Then attempt a batch, if they grow with no die off your good, if not then you will need to clean again. This can take up to three months to rid the virus from your house. Its air borne and goes everywhere this is why its hard for most people to grow in large scale in a house. Most can not bleach everything, so in this case its going to take the better part of 3 months for the virus to die from no host (silkworms). Everyone will at some point experience this virus when growing silkworms. We can ship our products to you food/eggs but again you will need a clean environment that is not already contaminated and has been free of silkworms for one month. Silkworm rearing on a commercial scale is a an art form, most will fail trying to do this. Best for most to only rear in small batches, good luck don't give up just get cleaning!

I never had problems with silks from other sources, neither with the ones I raised myself. It's just when I buy from silkwormstore, they turn to goo.

I've bought from there before and ive had the same happen to me. I found that as soon as I got them if I gave them fresh chow in a new clean container they were a lot healthier, ate and grew quickly.

Back
Top Bottom