Uh oh :)

Chase

Chameleon Enthusiast
Hello all!
Well I just left the reptile show. And am bringing home some new guys :). I purchased a pair of quads. Very excited to work with these guys.

The show was very fun. A lot of chameleons species! Saw some cristatus, quadricornis, montiums, juvinile melleri. Overall a good show. I will upload some pictures when I settle them in all the way.

LPR08

Tell me you just picked these up for me until the weather is ok to ship???? If not is it to late for you to go back?????

Did you happen to see what shape those cristatus were in? I saw someone had just got a shipment in from Cameroon. But no pics were shown. Thats a species I'd like to have a go with.

Did you happen to see what shape those cristatus were in? I saw someone had just got a shipment in from Cameroon. But no pics were shown. Thats a species I'd like to have a go with.

Looks like Nick Mole just got some Cameroon species in. Maybe you could see if one of the members here can cherry pick you some nice ones at the Orlando show.

Where the picks LPR!!!

Cristatus were in OK condition. Overall they looked decent. They had a few males, and a huge female, I believe she was gravid. They were together with the Montiums.

@Cain, about to give them a shower now. I'll take some pictures.

Tell me you just picked these up for me until the weather is ok to ship???? If not is it to late for you to go back?????

Sorry Laurie, these guys are for me :D

I gave them a shower earlier, for about 30-45 minutes. The male drank almost the whole time!! :eek: Got some cool pictures too, the female got on the male and gave him a hug :):D.

Here they are; Oh, if anyone can help me identify the subspecies, I'd be very grateful! They are said to be T. quadricornis gracilior, but I'm not sure.

Attachments

• 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    48.6 KB · Views: 213
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    47.9 KB · Views: 172
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    53.6 KB · Views: 166
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    50.4 KB · Views: 159
  • 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    53.7 KB · Views: 184
the last pic looks rather "passionate":rolleyes:

but awsome find at the show....quads are awsome...

hmm sorry i cant be much help with subspecies identification.:eek:

You been gettin somedamn nice WCs lately!! You live in FL?

Thanks Jared and Ace. One reason why I don't purchase online is because I like to pick out the ones I like, and I get to see which ones are the best looking. Luckily, the smaller males were in better condition, and the there were only two females. I figured I'd get the smaller ones, to see some growth :). They are a little bruised, but better than some WC I've seen. Actually, Nick had a good amount of Montium and Cristatus. They are were fairly young too, not adult imports, which I thought was nice.

LPR08

I'm pretty sure the orange heads are just a different locality of Trioceros quadricornis quadricornis. Would be really neat to see someone breeding them in addition to the other form. The T. q. gracilior I've seen photos of look different than any quads I've seen in the U.S. Lots of blue and the horns appear to grow somewhat differently.

Thanks everyone! I just fed them, and they are little piggies!!! I have them set up completely, and think they are gonna produce some hot babies :D

WOW they are gorgeous... I am so jealous. Unfortunately the show I went to today (Reading, PA) only had two guys with Veiled Chameleons :(

WOW they are gorgeous... I am so jealous. Unfortunately the show I went to today (Reading, PA) only had two guys with Veiled Chameleons :(

Thanks. I really like them.

@Laurie, maybe if you post some pictures of yours, I'll put more photos up :)

It would be remiss of me if I ddn't ask but do they have their eyes closed all the time or was it just because of the shower?

It would be remiss of me if I ddn't ask but do they have their eyes closed all the time or was it just because of the shower?

It was the shower. Once the water stopped spraying, they opened their eyes. All of my chams close their eyes for showers, so I didn't worry about it?:confused:

It was the shower. Once the water stopped spraying, they opened their eyes. All of my chams close their eyes for showers, so I didn't worry about it?:confused:

Yeah mine do that every now and again depending on how the water is hitting them. I don't get concerned. Knowing that your guys are fresh WC's I had to ask - better to address a problem now than in a few weeks.

Quads are not one of my favourite species but they sure are photogenic. Post more pics as they settle in.

Yeah mine do that every now and again depending on how the water is hitting them. I don't get concerned. Knowing that your guys are fresh WC's I had to ask - better to address a problem now than in a few weeks.

Quads are not one of my favourite species but they sure are photogenic. Post more pics as they settle in.

Don't worry. I will :D

Thanks for the concern, I watched them for about an hour before actually getting them. These two were the most active, and the best looking. I'm happy with the specimens I purchased :)

Back
Top Bottom