Ugh my neighbors think I am a drug dealer

I had the police come barging through my door thinking I was growing drugs ! Because in Zuggie's room his free range goes all around his window with several umbrella plants on his window sill , was funny the look on there faces when they realised it was a chameleon ! Hahaha

Wow. That actually happened? I've heard of the police raiding houses where reptile breeders keep the animals because they use those thermal camera things and reptile rooms tend to be really warm (like a grow room might be!) I read an article where the police raided a house because a woman had a rabbit that had a heat pad and apparently it put off enough heat that it was suspicious on their cameras!

My family jokes that it looks like I have a growing operation in my front room because the UVB lights are on and there are plants all over. My cousin and uncle always pick up one of my gallon bags of moss and make jokes when they come over!

we have 4 saltwater aquariums along with the chams lighting....
our house glows!!!
i cant wait to be called in,,,, id love to show them around!!!!! they'd probably get addicted!!!

Theres something important to note here.

If your power conumption spikes greatly, on a 12/12 or roughly 18/6 schedule, the power company can and WILL notify authorities. This is seen as probable cause, and they then have what they need to get a search warrant.

Shouldnt be an issue for most keepers, but if you have a larger operation, or multiple herps/animals that require lighting, or especially if you are using HPS or MH lighting, you could wind up showing off your collection to a very skeptical bunch. :) They arent always nice about it either :( but they are thorough to be sure...

Theres something important to note here.

If your power conumption spikes greatly, on a 12/12 or roughly 18/6 schedule, the power company can and WILL notify authorities. This is seen as probable cause, and they then have what they need to get a search warrant.

Shouldnt be an issue for most keepers, but if you have a larger operation, or multiple herps/animals that require lighting, or especially if you are using HPS or MH lighting, you could wind up showing off your collection to a very skeptical bunch. :) They arent always nice about it either :( but they are thorough to be sure...
They don't here in Northern Cali- seems like PG&E likes all the money they receive with the outrageous number of grows here in Mendocino County & Humboldt as well; however if one is suspected of running a grow the police can supena (may be spelled wrong) someones electric bill if needed...just sayin.

Back
Top Bottom