Tyson Seems Small for His Age....

Red Bishop

I see other peoples pics of ambilobe males much younger with more color and size. I was curious if this was more common than I think with other keepers. Tyson turned 1 year in February. He is around 5" nose to vent.

IMAG0190.jpg

IMAG0189.jpg

Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care? Ambilobe Panther, male, 1 year. 10 months
Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon? Not often, 1-2 times a month.
Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders? 1/4 - 1/2 crickets. Just switch over to Repashy Bug Burger. Was using Repashy Superload. Cup feeding 10 - 20/day.
Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule? Just switched to Repashy Calcuim plus. Was using Rep-Cal no/D3 every day. Repto Cal w/D3 and Reptolife plus once each with plans on 2x per month each.
Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking? DYI mist king type system with Mist King nozzle. 4 x per day / 5 minutes each
Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Brown with white tip.
Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites? No.
History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions? Just moved him from a 18 x 18 x 36 to a 24 x 24 x 48 screen enclosure.
Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule? ReptiSun 5.0Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps? Overnight min: 66F, normal: 72-74F, Basking: 82 - 85F. Digital thermometers
Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity? 45% low - around 60 - 70% after misting. Digital humidity gage
Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind? Draceana, Umbrella, Pothos
Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor? In dining room. Traffic only when the kids go into the sun room. Top of the cage is 7' from floor.
Location - Where are you geographically located? Delaware
Current Problem - Size / Color for his age. Overall he acts healthy and active.

hi there i didnt read your description but based on your pics, for sure he is a he:)are you sure your cham has not displayed typical female colors of tans/pinks etc? based on the pics, but , and the size and lack of color could mean he might of been the "runt" of the clutch

i have a noseybe who is almost a year and is the size of a 5 month old, with decent color but is fine none the less

if your cham is eating , drinking fine and is healthy otherwise, i just think he is a runt+ plus a late bloomer too:) just my thoughts

where did you purchase him by the way?

thanks for the info. Just wondering if it was something I was doing that "stunted" him.

Picked him up from a reputable breeder on this site.

Had to look back in my PMs. I bought him from TKilgour. Overall he is active and healthy, so no real issues. Just thought he would start to look like his daddy.

@Ace...Missed your first question. He is always a blueish color. Never pink or brown.

@VeiledChamse...right. That is my concern. Wondering if anyone else has a 1 year old this size.

Yeah I had a 1 year old who was about the same size people made fun of me bcuz he was tiny hahaha but he had some nice colors. Sometimes they are just the runts of the clutch. I'll try to post some pics.

this are the only ones i was able to find also i have kind of small hands:D

Attachments

• IMG_0595.jpg
    IMG_0595.jpg
    250.4 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_0592.jpg
    IMG_0592.jpg
    252.4 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_0402.jpg
    IMG_0402.jpg
    253.3 KB · Views: 86
yeah sometimes they are just born that way. from the info u provided and the way u were feeding him he should have grown but like i said sometimes they are just born to be small. i thought about making a dwarf version of panthers. :D

Back
Top Bottom