Two year old veiled has never layed eggs...normal?

ADKEarl

I aquired Earl a little over a month ago. The previous owner told me it was a male. Once I found this site I quickly learned that Earl was a girl and had been kept for the most part incorrectly her whole life. Glass aquarium,sand water bowl, heating pad improper lighting etc. Now that she is set up properly and living the life of a Queen her appetite has increased dramatically. I would think in 2 years her owner would have seen eggs. Now I'm concerned that she may start laying eggs. Is it possible that a female will never lay eggs? Not sure if I should set up a bin and encourage it.

How about a picture or Earl?
There was one chameleon (if I remember correctly) that seemed to look like a female but had the spurs like a male. Not sure how that thread ended.

Be thankful. egg production will only most likely shorten her life. Especially, if she was not cared for properly before (i.e. uvb, supplements, etc...) She may start late, it is totally possible . Make sure she has uvb, Ca, Ca w/ D3, D3, multivitamins, etc... Careful what you wish for. Captive veils can breed like rabbits. Today one, one year 2,000.

How about a picture or Earl?
There was one chameleon (if I remember correctly) that seemed to look like a female but had the spurs like a male. Not sure how that thread ended.

It was my little one (for example) and it turned out to be a female. She passed away since.... :( I think it is a huge luck if she hasn't layed any eggs yet! I've heard about females that never layed eggs here on the forum!
Can you post pics?

no spurs...I'm having trouble uploading pics. worked before??? I will keep trying, I entered a pic in June photo contest though. You can see her there, sorry...Look under " No traction" ADKEarl

I had an oustalet that was wild caught n I had the same thoughts but after 1 1/2 she laid eggs but from the top perch! I heard they can retain/re absorb their eggs. The other thing also was I purchase a new male that bred her. So maybe she was never around a male?

Back
Top Bottom