Two/three panthers different sex

Pisul

Hello, maybe my question is stupid but i haven't found any answer for it in net. Can i put in one cage male and female panther? or better one male and two females? Because i'm going to buy them and i have pretty big cage, it's about 2650 liters. The base is in shape like in the picture, and its 185cm high. so... can i? :)
ieqhrm.png

Welcome to the forum! and no it is not a stupid question but to answer it no you should not put them together.

ok, but even if my cage is that big? And they will be defferent sex?

than... should i build second cage for females right? because females can live together right?

Yes build more cages but no females can not live together. Chameleons are solitary animals. You can only house one to an enclosure or "Area". You don't even want them to be able to see each other.

Unforunately not. You would have to have a very, very big cage, but it is not recomended for beginners.

They each need their own cage for them to feel safe and secure. Housing them together will only place added stress on the animals, which makes them more susceptible to health issues.

If you house more than one together, no matter the sex, one will become dominant. The dominant one will take a the food and good spots and the other will become weaker, smaller and may even get eaten!

Pygmy chameleons can be kept together in groups but just one male to a group I think. But panthers and most species are a big fat no no :)

ok, but even if my cage is that big? And they will be defferent sex?

than... should i build second cage for females right? because females can live together right?

If you had the chams loose in a ROOM or a greenhouse possibly they might do OK, but not in something the size of your cage. Even if they are not physically close together enough to attack each other they will still stress each other visually. Their color displays are a form of aggression and one cham can still be intimidated by a colorfully dominant animal. Consider that in the wild each individual cham might rule an entire tree or large bush.

So I will build more than one cage :)
But next question: I would like to have little chameleons, and when they hatch, can i put them in one cage? while they are really small and young?

So I will build more than one cage :)
But next question: I would like to have little chameleons, and when they hatch, can i put them in one cage? while they are really small and young?

Yes, you can house them together temporarily. You will need to watch them because at some point one may start dominating the group or you'll see that one or more will not thrive because they do not compete as well. At what age this starts is a little hard to predict, but don't plan on housing them together for longer than a month or so. In the wild cham hatchlings would not share territory either.

Back
Top Bottom