two questions

Bloodhound

Two questions.
What is the average die off for crickets. If you need size 1/8"

Does anyone mix fruits and veggies in a blender and freeze their gutload in something like ice cube trays. Is it worth it?

I personally didn't see any die offs when crickets are that size. As long as you feed them and provide hydration you won't have any issues. Also makes sure they have plenty of ventilation.

As for the frozen ice cubes of blended food, I've read 1 or 2 post about that but I'm not sure where they are now.

Be sure what you are looking at is not cricket skins that have been molted.

It can be easier for some to blend the food and save it for later. Its a personal preference.

Die off can be reduced to virtually zero. In my experience, the key is to have a very well ventilated container, and to provide plenty of hydration. The two main reason crickets die, can be traced back these to elements. Once a cricket dies, it gives off a gas, the gas kills more crickets. Ventilation fixes this. If a cricket needs water, it will eat another cricket to get it. Providing a source of hydration fixes this. I use orange slices replaced daily to hydrate my crickets.

Be sure what you are looking at is not cricket skins that have been molted.

It can be easier for some to blend the food and save it for later. Its a personal preference.

Ah, it might be that. I will take a look. Thanks

Two questions.
What is the average die off for crickets. If you need size 1/8"

Does anyone mix fruits and veggies in a blender and freeze their gutload in something like ice cube trays. Is it worth it?

I am working with the blending and freezing, at the moment i am having problems with the cubes molding over. I think there is too much moisture in them. Trying to find something to add to reduce it.

Okay most of what I saw was cricket shells and just a few dead ones. I am good thanks. Show how little I know about crickets.

Back
Top Bottom