Turtle conservation

Aww what a shame-still good they didn't need help- was there a reason they didnt appear- lack of numbers or have people set up something to help them not get stranded?

Aww what a shame-still good they didn't need help- was there a reason they didnt appear- lack of numbers or have people set up something to help them not get stranded?
We had a warmer winter this year then normal. So the water temperature didn't drop as much

One of my summer internships was with Turtle Island Restoration Network or TIRN. They are a conservation group devoted to conserving the worlds sea turtles. The species of sea turtle that we have here in northern California coast is the Critically Endangered Leatherback Sea Turtle or (Dermochelys coriacea). This species is the largest turtle species in the world and is warm blooded.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

One of my summer internships was with Turtle Island Restoration Network or TIRN. They are a conservation group devoted to conserving the worlds sea turtles. The species of sea turtle that we have here in northern California coast is the Critically Endangered Leatherback Sea Turtle or (Dermochelys coriacea). This species is the largest turtle species in the world and is warm blooded.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich
Yeah we only use to get one leatherback of season around here. We get greens and Kent's. They are also endangered but they are really small

Yeah we only use to get one leatherback of season around here. We get greens and Kent's. They are also endangered but they are really small

Turtle Island Restoration Network has a big program in the Gulf of Mexico to protect Kemp's Riddley Sea Turtle (Lepidochelys kempii) nesting area's along the Gulf Coast beaches. Along with that they are big about everything that has to be done with saving Kemps Riddley Sea Turtle. They are a Critically Endangered species as well.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Turtle Island Restoration Network has a big program in the Gulf of Mexico to protect Kemp's Riddley Sea Turtle (Lepidochelys kempii) nesting area's along the Gulf Coast beaches. Along with that they are big about everything that has to be done with saving Kemps Riddley Sea Turtle. They are a Critically Endangered species as well.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich
They just got 20 yesterday in the bay. All kemps down in Wellfleet

They just got 20 yesterday in the bay. All kemps down in Wellfleet

That is great. If there is an organized group of you or one or two of you devoted to looking after the Kemps Riddley Sea Turtles. I would recommend sending Turtle Island Restoration Network and email message about what you are doing and what you are about. More Kemp Riddle Sea Turtle conservation is something they would want to coordinate with you about. Just google Turtle Island Restoration Network. Say Jeremy A. Rich listed you as a reference.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

We take the GPS. And then the Audubon Society comes and takes them and releases them outside the bay. They get way too cold and get stuck in the bay. I see a lot more kemps then greens or leatherbacks

Back
Top Bottom