Turkistan Roaches

Leahryan

I have a 4 1/2 month old male panther and i was wondering when I could start feeding him smaller Turkistan Roaches for treats. I haven't seen them so I don't know what the smaller ones look like before being full adults, but I know they are a smaller, quicker breed in general. Any information would be great.

I have a 4 1/2 month old male panther and i was wondering when I could start feeding him smaller Turkistan Roaches for treats. I haven't seen them so I don't know what the smaller ones look like before being full adults, but I know they are a smaller, quicker breed in general. Any information would be great.

anytime - small turks are great for small chams - though I tend to keep them in a small cup/bowl to retain /restrain them some, as they are quite fast

When Turks are first born they are about the size (possibly smaller) of pinhead or week old crickets. For a few of my adult chams it seems to be hit or miss on whether they will actually eat them... I have had one female that would pick single dubias, crickets, or mealworms out of a deli cup with a bunch of Turkistans.

For my panthers that are <1 month old I think the little Turks are almost too speedy for them, haha. By the time the little guys register that there is a food item the roach is already gone.

Can anyone tell me what the sticky sap like stuff is, that these roaches secrete out of their last two body segments on top? I don't use them as feeders because of it. Looks like Vasaline, and hard to wash off of fingers. Kinda water / soap resistant. I just hate to think what the substance can do internally.

Back
Top Bottom