Trying to regulate heat and humity

Meg4433

Established Member
The heat in my cage is according to my thermontor is around 75 to 80. Humity is around 45 to 50. I have a screened cage. The enclosure is 18x18x30. I have a 60 watt daytime blue light. Then a 5.0 UVB. I think the temp should be warmer but also concern that if I change bulb it will be too hot. Any suggestions?

How old is your chameleon? Is the 75-80 the basking temp or the ambient? I use a 100 watt basking bulb for my veiled. It sits about 7-8 inches above a vine and it stays around 90-95.

Males will need higher basking temps than females, but you want them to have a lower temp as juveniles either way, around 82 at highest.

That's the temp I maintain for my female veiled using a 25 watt incandescent house bulb.

An adult male panther would need a basking temp in the 85-90 degree range.

If you are describing ambient temp, 75-80 is a good range.

Is that humidity range before you mist?

How old is your chameleon? Is the 75-80 the basking temp or the ambient? I use a 100 watt basking bulb for my veiled. It sits about 7-8 inches above a vine and it stays around 90-95.

My Panther is 6 months old. Humity seems low too.

What do your gauges read? Do you have a misting system or a fogger? How often are you misting? Do you have a drip system? Live plants? Sorry about all the questions but this info is needed to help figure out a solution.

My Panther is 6 months old. Humity seems low too. What should it be after misting?

Sorry misread the last post lol. Your humidity for a panther should be maintained between 50-70%. It will spike after misting. 80-90% isn't unheard of but it should drop to the normal range fairly soon. But that depends on air movement around the cage, potted plants, AC, etc.

Humity

One resource suggested closing off 2 side of cage with a shower curtain. I think am gonna try just a corner. See if that helps.

Yeah one of the easiest ways to increase humidity is to add live plants in and around the cage. For my veiled, I have two live plants in the enclosure, I mist twice a day, I have a fogger that comes on for an hour every 4 hours, and I have his dripper run for 10-12 hours a day.

Back
Top Bottom