Trying to Eat Me

extrajordinary

Established Member
Today when I woke up and went to check on Leo he tried to eat me! His favorite spot in his cage is about eye level for me so we were face to face. He started inching closer to me and I thought he was going to hiss but then I saw his tongue peek out. I thought maybe the screen between us was confusing him so I opened his cage. He inched even closer and then shot his tongue out and got me right in the eye! My boyfriend heard me yelp (Leo caught me off guard!) and came in just in time to see him go for my eye again. I closed my eyes the second time, but I felt his tongue hit my eyelid. Soon after this he tried for my nose. Any clue why he’s doing this? I fed him a cricket and a hibiscus flower after he tried to eat me and went to check on him a few minutes ago. He didn’t seem interested in my face anymore so maybe he just wanted food. I read in a thread that they might associate us with food to the point of trying to eat us when we don’t have food! Thoughts?

I am fully associated with food -- but my hand. If I hold my hand out Mona will want to shoot at it.

Were you wearing any eye makeup? Glitter? I've had chams track my eyes if i'm wearing lashes.... eye spiders.... :ROFLMAO:

I am fully associated with food -- but my hand. If I hold my hand out Mona will want to shoot at it.

Were you wearing any eye makeup? Glitter? I've had chams track my eyes if i'm wearing lashes.... eye spiders.... :ROFLMAO:
Nope! I had just gotten out of bed. But I stood in front of him a few hours later and he reacted like he normally does - by hissing and lunging. He probably was just hungry!

Back
Top Bottom