Trying the Chameleon thing again

Man I just got done visiting Screameleons. Those are beautiful and the females are the right size. Any issue keeping females as oppsed to males?

Females are trickier because of their egg production cycles. The learning curve is that much steeper.

IMHO, if you think a flapneck will suit you and you are interested in them go ahead and choose it. You are now aware of the potential problems (some that can happen with any cham to some degree), you can get information here to prevent most of the "newbie" mistakes that a wc cham may not tolerate, and whichever cham you choose won't end up crowded. Another thing that may sway your decision is the climate in your house. Match the climate to the species' requirements...and your setup won't need to be as elaborate to accomodate it. A montane species like a jackson's can be trickier to deal with if you live in a dry warm area with hot summers.

Thanks Carlton. I like your advice. I live in Wisconsin. It is kind of like Alaska without the dark all winter thing. Anyway. I think I will try the flapneck. They are just too cool looking and my wife thinks they are cute. It is always a plus when the wife will go along with a hobby I choose.;)

This is a great place. You have all made me feel very welcome. I hope you feel that way after I am inundating you with newbie questions!

Lovereps,
Do the MistKing systems work well indoors without getting water outside the cage? Are the nossels able to focus the water exactly where you want it to go or does it make a mess?

Back
Top Bottom