try'd to eat a rock.

repsol153

so my almost 6 month old male veiled try'd to eat a rock. i watched him grab it with his tongue, but as soon as it went to his mouth, he dropped it. think im gunna replace these rocks with a lil bit bigger ones. just in case. i'm just surprised he could grab this thing. there not that small.

if they are in your enclosure to cover up the dirt in your potted plants, the general rule of thumb is you want it to be bigger than your chams head...large flat river rocks is what most people use

yes they are all bigger than his head. i was just simply saying that he still managed to grab one with his tongue.

Hello,
this may mean that he is trying to get some minerals, so it would be best to get bigger rocks and offer little peaces of cuttlebone in his cage so he can take some if he needs it.
Also your avatar shows that your chameleon is dehydratet, his eyes do not look well at all.
You should water him more often and try a pipette. You may also feed a piece of cucumber, but don´t do that to ofter, vegetables are not good for chameleons to eat because they ofter get looseness if they eat to much of it.
Do you use a dripper? How often do you spray?

Hello,
this may mean that he is trying to get some minerals, so it would be best to get bigger rocks and offer little peaces of cuttlebone in his cage so he can take some if he needs it.
Also your avatar shows that your chameleon is dehydratet, his eyes do not look well at all.
You should water him more often and try a pipette. You may also feed a piece of cucumber, but don´t do that to ofter, vegetables are not good for chameleons to eat because they ofter get looseness if they eat to much of it.

the only reason his eyes are like that, is because he absolutely hates the camera. he always gets pissed at me every time i try to take a pic. according to his urine, poop, and the vet. he is perfectly fine. i watch him drink all the time.

Justin Ward an anybody else that read my post about mine being way beter than his. I am very sorry, my friend knew I was on this forum and thought that it would be funny to try and get me kicked of. I am very sorry Justin Ward for my friends child behavour.

The posts were deleted because of the language but I am sooooooo sorry and if anything like this happens again than I will make sure to always log out of my acount so he cant get in again.

Hello,

Offer little pieces of cuttlebone? Trying to get some minerals? Im not sure it is wise to stick pure chunks of bone in the chams cage... This seems like a VERY dangerous way to get a blockage and cause dangerous cuts in their throats... I'm not an expert though... The only time I've heard of cuttlebone being used was if it was finely ground up... And As far as I know vegetables are RECOMMENDED for veiled chameleons to supplement their diet???

Hello,
in germany a lot of people use cuttlebone this way. It is not hard like regular bones, except for some places which can be seen easyly so you can get rid of them.
As is said, vegetables are okay but should not be fed more than once a week.

Back
Top Bottom