Trusted websites for food

sarah k

I live in the USA and plan on getting a chameleon when I'm totally ready for one and prepared for one, and I want to have a standing order of food in for my chameleon. (When I first get it I am going to pick up some food for it because I will be getting one at a reptile expo if all goes well, and I do not know what size I will choose.) does anyone have a link or links to some good websites to order good staple food from? Thank you! (Sorry if I have done anything wrong, this is my first post on here!)

I live in the USA and plan on getting a chameleon when I'm totally ready for one and prepared for one, and I want to have a standing order of food in for my chameleon. (When I first get it I am going to pick up some food for it because I will be getting one at a reptile expo if all goes well, and I do not know what size I will choose.) does anyone have a link or links to some good websites to order good staple food from? Thank you! (Sorry if I have done anything wrong, this is my first post on here!)
http://www.rainbowmealworms.net/ is the website I have used for years. They have great prices and sell in bulk for breeding your insects (your chameleon will eat like a tank.) There is also a website called https://www.fullthrottlefeeders.com/ that is owned by a member and sponsor to these forums. Happy Chameleon Keeping! :)

i have no clue what type of chameleon i am going to get, when i am at the reptile expo i’m just going to figure out which chameleon i click with. thank you for the link!

i have no clue what type of chameleon i am going to get, when i am at the reptile expo i’m just going to figure out which chameleon i click with. thank you for the link!
Don't impulse buy. Plan on what you are going to get, then prepare for their needs a week ahead of time, then purchase. Would you like recommendations?

recommendations would be lovely!
You can start research soon, and see what you like. Do you live somewhere humid or dry? Different chameleons have different needs, so I will give recommendations after this question is answered.

You can start research soon, and see what you like. Do you live somewhere humid or dry? Different chameleons have different needs, so I will give recommendations after this question is answered.
I like in texas, which is a bit humid, or feels that way anyway, but the air conditioning eliminates a lot of humidity.

I like in texas, which is a bit humid, or feels that way anyway, but the air conditioning eliminates a lot of humidity.
If you live in coastal Texas, Panthers are cool, they require high humidity, Veiled's are good, but may be feisty. What gender are you looking for? There are smaller chameleons like Carpets that are great for smaller homes. The top chameleons in my opinion are Panthers, Veiled's, Carpets, and maybe one other, but I can't think of it right now. There are some good shows in Texas, like the HERPS show in Conroe, and the Repticon in Pasadena. Good Luck Chameleon Keeping! If you have any questions, let me know.

If you live in coastal Texas, Panthers are cool, they require high humidity, Veiled's are good, but may be feisty. What gender are you looking for? There are smaller chameleons like Carpets that are great for smaller homes. The top chameleons in my opinion are Panthers, Veiled's, Carpets, and maybe one other, but I can't think of it right now. There are some good shows in Texas, like the HERPS show in Conroe, and the Repticon in Pasadena. Good Luck Chameleon Keeping! If you have any questions, let me know.
Thank you! Will definitely look into all the different species!

Back
Top Bottom