Trust to the Max?

Daniel266jz

Avid Member
Hello, just needed some opinions on this. My Nosy-Be panther cham recently got to trusting me enough to come out and crawl on me for a while and he eats from my hand regularly. Recently its been to the point where he will walk out to the very front of his cage and wait there and once I open the door for feeding (cup feeding) he will immediately rush to get out and climb and explore, unless I have a super worm or horn-worm in hand he will just run out otherwise he'd take the worm and chew and swallow and then run out. Not that this is a bad thing but hes always constantly wanting to get out and sometimes he wont cup feed because he wants to leave his cage. Is there possibly something wrong with my cage or his setup? I've just never heard of such a eager to interact with humans cham?

Attachments

• Arctic Photo Contest.jpg
    Arctic Photo Contest.jpg
    251.5 KB · Views: 67
  • Arctic Cage.jpg
    Arctic Cage.jpg
    265.9 KB · Views: 72
Hello, just needed some opinions on this. My Nosy-Be panther cham recently got to trusting me enough to come out and crawl on me for a while and he eats from my hand regularly. Recently its been to the point where he will walk out to the very front of his cage and wait there and once I open the door for feeding (cup feeding) he will immediately rush to get out and climb and explore, unless I have a super worm or horn-worm in hand he will just run out otherwise he'd take the worm and chew and swallow and then run out. Not that this is a bad thing but hes always constantly wanting to get out and sometimes he wont cup feed because he wants to leave his cage. Is there possibly something wrong with my cage or his setup? I've just never heard of such a eager to interact with humans cham?
I will be purchasing another plant soon also.

I don't think it's a bad thing. It could be that your cage is getting small for him? My chameleon does the same thing. I usually open the door, wait for him to stop trying to get out, and then show him the cup and then he eats from it. However when I made my new enclosure, he didn't do it for quite a while (months). Probably because he was exploring his new cage.

I don't think it's a bad thing. It could be that your cage is getting small for him? My chameleon does the same thing. I usually open the door, wait for him to stop trying to get out, and then show him the cup and then he eats from it. However when I made my new enclosure, he didn't do it for quite a while (months). Probably because he was exploring his new cage.
That might be it but he still seems really small to me to move him into and XL cage he’s only 6 months old

Back
Top Bottom