Trouble getting bits of shed off

I have the testing strips. But no kit.
you need to be able to test water hardness, alkalinity(for calcium and magnesium levels), silicon, phosphorus and aluminium. the harshest on the animal are phosphorus and aluminium. these tests can be aqquired via reef tank testing kits.

This seems to be a very hot topic lately, with a four page "argument" with several of us most recently. @Decadancin has already mentioned the shower issue but I'll elaborate if you'll bear with me for a minute.

First, this article though it is a jacksons care sheet perfectly describes the point that was trying to be made in the other thread where thing got a little out of hand. If anyone reads it and doesn't get what it says I'll try to explain in a calm manner (y). https://www.reptifiles.com/jacksons-chameleon-care/sick-chameleon-health/shedding/

I'll use Odin as a perfect example of needing to dissect the husbandry when trying to resolve shed issues. Odin is a wc male, for those that don't know, that arrived on 5-2-18 with several pieces of stuck shed.

They weren't large pieces save for the entire top of his head. He was a fresh import at that point for clarity though. He ended up needing a panacur treatment for worms along with meeting his other needs to help with the shed issue he had going on.

He had his first shed with me on 6-8-18 and it was a clean shed. @Tiosk I know long posts suck but some times they are needed :(. Though my posts in the other thread may have been taken the wrong way or come out the wrong way or both, I made my posts because I had just gone through dealing with a fresh import that arrived with a shed issue. Pay close attention to his head and you'll see the difference.

20180503_142528-1-1.jpg 20180616_193144-1-1.jpg

This seems to be a very hot topic lately, with a four page "argument" with several of us most recently. @Decadancin has already mentioned the shower issue but I'll elaborate if you'll bear with me for a minute.

First, this article though it is a jacksons care sheet perfectly describes the point that was trying to be made in the other thread where thing got a little out of hand. If anyone reads it and doesn't get what it says I'll try to explain in a calm manner (y). https://www.reptifiles.com/jacksons-chameleon-care/sick-chameleon-health/shedding/

I'll use Odin as a perfect example of needing to dissect the husbandry when trying to resolve shed issues. Odin is a wc male, for those that don't know, that arrived on 5-2-18 with several pieces of stuck shed.

They weren't large pieces save for the entire top of his head. He was a fresh import at that point for clarity though. He ended up needing a panacur treatment for worms along with meeting his other needs to help with the shed issue he had going on.

He had his first shed with me on 6-8-18 and it was a clean shed. @Tiosk I know long posts suck but some times they are needed :(. Though my posts in the other thread may have been taken the wrong way or come out the wrong way or both, I made my posts because I had just gone through dealing with a fresh import that arrived with a shed issue. Pay close attention to his head and you'll see the difference.

View attachment 207977 View attachment 207978
always gotta listen to people smarter than you so you learn from your mistakes(y):)

Back
Top Bottom