Trixxi's new set up and light

ronnie

:)hope these pictures come up o.k!feel free to go right ahead and slate me or rate me!:eek: Sand:GONE 2 Live plants:IN More vines:IN Basking light:LOWER BULB(40watt) and moved to the place she sits the most!and provided more coverage in added foliage........blank space in the middle getting an umbrella plant tomorrow

Hi! The ficus plants look ok , but they are a bit short! Try increasing their height by raising them with a brick, or plant stand. Make sure they are steady, cos they can pull plants over when they climb in them. Lily's plants touch the top of her enclosure in places, and I have them in ceramic plant pots to weigh them down and keep them upright. As for the bulb, Im not sure - I use the exo terra 35W one that fits in the hood.

I think it should fill up nicely with the umbrella plant. Maybe take those vines and run them from one side of the cage to the other for a means of transportation to different areas in the cage.

I think it should fill up nicely with the umbrella plant. Maybe take those vines and run them from one side of the cage to the other for a means of transportation to different areas in the cage.

take the sand and heat rocks out, you are just risking her health, substrate is not needed, kitchen towls work good, or nothing, she will not go on the heat rocks so take them out, heat rocks are for desert lizards and geckos that bask on rocks, not chameleons!:eek:

Not sure that they are heat rocks. Are they just for decoration? They'll be a pain to clean when she poops between them! Do you have a reptile shop near you that you could buy a large branch for her? I'll post a pic of Lily's cage later to show you what I mean.

Taller plants would provide more cover for her and also enable her to drink from leaves at a higher level. Here's a pic of Lily's house - it shows her large log/branch thing that I was talking about. It wasn't cheap - but it was the one she had in her enclosure in the shop, so I bought it so she'd have something familiar when I got her home. Lily can hide in her plants when she wants - she just chooses to sit at the front in her basking spot all day! She's lazy! Just sits and waits to be fed!:D

Attachments

• Lily's House.jpg
    Lily's House.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 113
Lovely house Miss Lily!Since I've put her back in this afternoon shes been BRIGHT green and hiding!i had to actually go looking for her:Di think this may be a good thing!However i'm a little concerned about the TEMPS...Basking spot=80.4..... Spot that she sits most in=just below 50(shall i move light to where she sits most?):confused:.........rest of viv temp between 65-70............thanks for any help

Lovely house Miss Lily!Since I've put her back in this afternoon shes been BRIGHT green and hiding!i had to actually go looking for her:Di think this may be a good thing!However i'm a little concerned about the TEMPS...Basking spot=80.4..... Spot that she sits most in=just below 50(shall i move light to where she sits most?):confused:.........rest of viv temp between 65-70............thanks for any help

well if she is sitting in the cold side then she is to hot,make sure the basking spot isnt all over the cage so she can regulate her temps, if the basking spot is too big she will not beable to regulate and she will bake!:eek: bad thing!

Back
Top Bottom