trioceros rudis subspecies?

arsnake

i know there is 2 sure sub species of trioceros rudis ... someone can tell me
subspecies name and geographical distribuations and elevation ?
only sure informations please

Actually there are no Trioceros rudis subspecies anymore. The taxa that used to be considered subspecies are now considered full species. In fact, the "Rudis" we get in captivity are not T. rudis at all, they are T. sternfeldi. The only other species that used to be considered subspecies of T. rudis, however, is T. schoutedeni. There are a number of species in the T. bitaeneatus complex, however, and T. rudis was onced considered a subspecies of T. bitaeneatus itself.

Chris

Actually there are no Trioceros rudis subspecies anymore. The taxa that used to be considered subspecies are now considered full species. In fact, the "Rudis" we get in captivity are not T. rudis at all, they are T. sternfeldi. The only other species that used to be considered subspecies of T. rudis, however, is T. schoutedeni. There are a number of species in the T. bitaeneatus complex, however, and T. rudis was onced considered a subspecies of T. bitaeneatus itself.

Chris

Chris which one is the red variety?

so if i understanding right :
we have bitaeniatus complex with:
trioceros bitaeniatus full species
trioceros sternfeldi full species
trioceros rudis full species
trioceros schoutedeni full spieces
trioceros rudis jeweled (not reconized) but maybe tanzania s subspecies of rudis

Yeah, although there are a number of additional species that are in the T. bitaeniatus complex as well. Its basically just a group of closely related species.

Chris

perfect ! early i ( 2 hours) i ll finish first table ... there are some holes beacause i could'nt find all ... if i send you the table you could complete ? and controll if the informatons i wrote is right?
an other important thing
there are difference between the environmental parameters derived from weather stations in the area pertaining to a particular species and husbandry parameters to be followed in captivity?
obviously removing the negative environmental factors ...
example: if I wanted to raise trioceros ntunte, to define the environmental parameters in the display case should seek to maintain the information related to various parameters temperature, humidity, ventilation, etc. ... Mount nyiru in kenya in 2500/2700 m.a.s.l. and bring them back into the case itself? or are there factors that make it unnecessary search?
regarding Brookesia rhampholeon rieppeleon and certainly the parameters of the area would not be the same to be maintained in breeding because of their habitat from first forest ...
in this case should be slightly intervene, following the logic, on the adjustment of the above parameters: es for these species to maintain the humidity will be slightly higher than that revealed by the weather stations of the place and the hours of light would albeit slightly lower than the real-time solar perceived outside the forest before ...
pigmy chamaleon s I think that the parameters of weather stations will have to be modified for all the pygmies, but for everyone else? Data of weather stations in a place are enough? or even here we must intervene modifying them?

i had finish also other table .. i m only waiting for your answer for send and complete ...

I don't think you can just go by weather station data. Weather stations do not tend to be in the exact microhabitats used by the chameleons in all cases, and there can be huge differences in the climate, even over short distances.

I can't commit to spending the time to fill out your table for you, but you're welcome to post it and if I get a chance, I can try to help or others can fill in gaps you have. If you want to fill in all this information, however, you really should buy the Tilbury book I mentioned. What are you collecting this information for exactly?

Chris

I don't think you can just go by weather station data. Weather stations do not tend to be in the exact microhabitats used by the chameleons in all cases, and there can be huge differences in the climate, even over short distances.

I can't commit to spending the time to fill out your table for you, but you're welcome to post it and if I get a chance, I can try to help or others can fill in gaps you have. If you want to fill in all this information, however, you really should buy the Tilbury book I mentioned. What are you collecting this information for exactly?

Chris

I would like to complete a project that I carry from time, it's a ManagerChamaleonsHabitat softwere...
really detailed and instrumental innovations, special applications and is fully upgradeable ... the set of all the little subtleties that this program will be able to manage a certain improvement to breeding in captivity ....
for the moment is not indispenssabile know all the information for all species, being updatable you can do this at the time when there will be information sufficiently detailed to enable the development of a new micro-habitats to be included in the program ...
to remedy the scarcity of reliable information'll set this softwere (as recommended by another member of the forum) so that everyone can set the value that considers more appropriate for a species x ... while I'd still like to enter parameters for the species best known and bred in captivity in order to help the less experienced in the proper maintenance ... then everyone will still be free to set the parameters favorite
solved the problem of so much information (partially irecuperabili) are only a few things to define everything in a professional and accurate:
- Data sheets and breeding the most common species in captivity.
* -divide the spectrum of climate parameters possible in order to stabulare chameleons in different rooms, based on the parameters to be used, to avoid that the same climatic agents go in contrast ... two different microhabitats too nn can be recreated in a single room.

Back
Top Bottom