Trioceros quadricornis

Chase

Chameleon Enthusiast
Hello all!
I took my quads outside for some natural UV, when I got home from doing some stuff around town, and took some pictures :D.

These guys are very photogenic! The female is very shy though, so I have to sneak to get a picture of her. They both are loving to suck up the rays, and they love to drink drink drink!

I hope to keep them outside for a while, because here in FL, it's nice outside :D. 70 Degrees where I'm at right now

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    77.6 KB · Views: 334
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 422
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    72.5 KB · Views: 374
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 415
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    49 KB · Views: 315
Hello all!
I took my quads outside for some natural UV, when I got home from doing some stuff around town, and took some pictures :D.

These guys are very photogenic! The female is very shy though, so I have to sneak to get a picture of her. They both are loving to suck up the rays, and they love to drink drink drink!

I hope to keep them outside for a while, because here in FL, it's nice outside :D. 70 Degrees where I'm at right now

I am totally envious of your weather!!! Again, the animals look great. I think being able to house them outside will be very beneficial in getting them to acclimate to cage life!

Thanks guys! I felt that keeping them outside as much as possible would be best. I did it with my Verrucosus and they acclimated quite well and fast. I love watching them, they move fairly slow, and they just figure out how avoid each other, and me.

The male isn't as bad as the female though, she already doesn't like me even looking at me.

Again, quads are not my cup of tea but they look really nice for fresh imports; you picked some good specimens. Have fun with them.

We all know unlike Trace, quads are my cup of tea.:) Your pair does look good for w/c. i am betting the white/lights on the male will darken to more of a tan/brown soon. Keep me posted - pictures are always nice.

Thanks everyone. From what I've read, their supplement intake is a smaller amount than other types. For anyone who has raised these, what was your schedule for supplements? I am assuming these will grow some more, and need to know how much I should supplement them?

@Laurie, don't worry, I'll update you. I'll pm you all the time about them. :)

LPR08

I was thinking it is gracilior too because of the yellow spot at the side of his head. Very nice! I doubt about it though because his sailfin looks larger than a gracilior's and I couldn't find 6 horns, although number of horns doesn't always indicate something. Stil, very nice animals! Love them!

Thanks everyone. From what I've read, their supplement intake is a smaller amount than other types. For anyone who has raised these, what was your schedule for supplements? I am assuming these will grow some more, and need to know how much I should supplement them?

@Laurie, don't worry, I'll update you. I'll pm you all the time about them. :)

LPR08

NO D3!!!!!! if you want, dust 1 cricket a week with just pain calcium. I skip a week or two because I'm lazy. but my gutloading is beyond normal, and yours better be too for them.

Harry

NO D3!!!!!! if you want, dust 1 cricket a week with just pain calcium. I skip a week or two because I'm lazy. but my gutloading is beyond normal, and yours better be too for them.

Harry

Can we hear what your gut loading ingredients are? I love reading lots of different gutloading "recipes" to get more ideas.

Harry

Thanks so much. I just dusted them yesterday with some Calcium W/O D3. Just one cricket eh?

I'm curious to hear what your gutloading is, please share :)

Thanks so much. I just dusted them yesterday with some Calcium W/O D3. Just one cricket eh?

I'm curious to hear what your gutloading is, please share :)

yes, just one cricket. the reason is that they are an ultra slow growing chameleon and don't need that much dusting.

gutloading constantly chages with me almost each week. I use high calcium content greens like dandilion, kale, and collards. each week I just change up, I don't mix and match.
I mostly use orange slices for the vitamin C and extra calcium...great water source and the baby crickets love it. I also change up once a week to strawberrys, then blueberrys (they don't like blueberrys much) for the vitamins and atioxidents. sweet potato cooked or raw once in a while. I crush up kelp and seaweed to a fine powder a few times a month. bee pollen used to be added, but cricket crack takes care of that when my greens get bad and I forget to buy more. other wise I don't use a dry gutload...why dry out the insides of your feeders? keep them wet and ultra moist so your chams get extra moisture. rarely do I use carrots besides a few times a month to add veriety. orange slices and yams are far better IMHO.

edit: forgot to say...ALWAYS FRESH, never frozen or old. I replace uneatten food each day even if not bad.

Harry

Back
Top Bottom