Trioceros melleri enclosure pics

DEVO

Hey everyone!I was asked by a few members to post pictures of my custom chameleon enclosures,well this is my latest project,its designed to house a pair of adult Trioceros Melleris and includes the construction of 2 identical huge size enclosures,their is still a lot of work to be done before its all finished and i will keep you posted on my latest progress,hopefully bring some new design ideas for those looking to build large size enclosures.Now this is a 5x5x10 all screen cage,it is built around a hydroponics ebb&flow table specially designed to drain large quantities of water it is removable so you can clean it outside with a high pressure hose.It as 4 doors that provides easy access all around the cage,a nice feature when it comes time to trim the plants or to clean the inside of the cage.Probably the best design feature is that it is built in 5 sections(the cabinet,the left and right sections of the cage,the top crown molding and the hydroponics table)each sections is designed to pass thru a normal size door.Well for my next step ill have to take the cage apart to stain it,ill post some pictures so you can see each sections of the cage individually.

Attachments

• cage 1.JPG
    cage 1.JPG
    133.7 KB · Views: 235
  • cage 2.JPG
    cage 2.JPG
    136.3 KB · Views: 224
  • cage 4.JPG
    cage 4.JPG
    148.5 KB · Views: 216
  • cage 6.JPG
    cage 6.JPG
    146 KB · Views: 237
  • cage 7.JPG
    cage 7.JPG
    111.5 KB · Views: 192
A few more pictures

Attachments

• cage 3.JPG
    cage 3.JPG
    136.8 KB · Views: 277
  • cage 8.JPG
    cage 8.JPG
    132.1 KB · Views: 176
  • cage 5.JPG
    cage 5.JPG
    137.4 KB · Views: 215
That has to be one of the most beautiful and functional cages I have seen! Nice job! :) I want one!

I agree, that's a stunning cage. You should look into doing them for local people, I bet you would earn good money if you have the time for it. If I ever wanted to go back to cages inside and wanted prettier ones I'd call you! :D

Fantastic job so far, can't wait to see it completed and with happy tenants.

It's so nice i would put it in the middle of the sitting room. Could you give us more details about the draining system ?

Awesome cage!! Its great you made it modular so you can move it in and out easily. Looking forward to seeing the finished product!

Well done. That's one of the nicest cages I've seen on here.
Can you post a picture of how the screen is attached?

Hey action j!Unfortunately i didn t take any close up pics on how the screen is attached,but this week ill take some pictures of my latest progress and at the same time ill take some close ups for you.

Wow thanks everyone!This is the way i drain all my cages,its very simple.First the material i use are from RAIN BIRD IRRIGATION SYSTEMS(www.rainbird.com) i use thick-walled half inch flexible tubing and spiral barb fittings.I have installed one long section of flexible tubing all around the walls of my chameleon room with a slight angle so that the water can free flow through it,that same section of tubing goes through a small hole in the floor and down into the basement just over the sump pump water pit.Now each of my cages are connected to that main tube using a simple t shaped fitting and a small section of flexible tubing........The hydroponics ebb&flow tables drains the water into the tubing system,the water uses gravity to travel through the tubing and ends up in the sump pump water pit,when the water pit is full,the sump pump activates and drains the water out of the house.I am sorry for my bad grammar,english is my second language and i try very hard to correct my self!!!!!!!

i'd pay you to build me one of those awsome cages..or if you can be kind enough to send me any plans so i can recreate at my home:D

Hey, where in montreal are you, are you breeding triceros?

Hey whats up Johnny!Im originally from C.D.N close to Barckley subway station,now i live in Chomedey north shore Montreal.I am keeping and breeding a few species of chameleons including some Trioceros Quadricornis Gracilior and some Trioceros Deremensis,its my first experience keeping Trioceros Melleris and at the moment i do a lot of searching and reading on them,my Melleris are a little over a year and a half now,so close to sexual maturity and i will try to breed them.

Awsome, you have a inctedible cage, i guess you have a trade or huge passion in woodworking. They have a female deremensis in a petshop in st-constant (south shore) she is really friendly and in good health for now, the guy is letting her go for 108 dollars. I just got a panther chameleon from reptile amazone on notre d ame west, they are good people there.

John

Back
Top Bottom