Trioceros Jacksonii Xantholophus

dokicz09

Hello , I just bought 1.2 Trioceros jacksonii xantholophus and was wondering if this is normal that females have 3 little horns , the male has much bigger ones, but still, look at the photo(2 females there). Females also have horns just small ones. I'm wondering if theese are actually 3 males , just 2 of them are smaller or if it is not Xantholophus but Trioceros Jacksonii Jacksonii.
Please help :)

Attachments

JacksJill

Chameleon Enthusiast
I don't own any xanths but they have very different spines on their backs than the Tjj. They have little triple clusters of spines while the Tjj have very distinct individual spines. Those pictures are small but I think I see the clusters.
You can check out this link for examples.

dokicz09

Thanks, I will make tommorow better Photos of them and post here, I will try to catch the spins on them. They are sleeping already so I can not do it now:)

dokicz09

Hello again , here are some photos that I made today.On first 4 photos You can see females and on the last 3 photos You can see male :) Xantholophus?
:)

Attachments

JacksJill

Chameleon Enthusiast
Chamelophlaged is right those are little xanths and you most likely have 1 male and two females but it is still possible at this age that they could be slow developing males. I wouldn't bet serious money on them until they are 6 mos. old.

Top Bottom