Trioceros jacksonii jacksonii babies. Advice appreciated:)

lysinlight87

Hi :)

My jacksonii jacksonii female (cb) gave birth to 14 babies 5 days ago & I just have a few questions if anyone can help?

11 have survived but there is one with a protruding eye that I'm worried about, seems quite weak and dark in colour- any thoughts?

How often should I dust their feeders? My montane adults get plain cal once per week. So far I have dusted once.

At what age can they go to new homes? I was planning to wait until they are 4 months old.

How much recovery time does my female need before I can mate her again? Assuming she hasn't retained sperm. Does she need extra food/calcium to build her up after the birth? She seems very strong and happy at the moment.

I also have a clutch of kinyongia boehmei incubating at the moment, exciting :)

Hi :)

My jacksonii jacksonii female (cb) gave birth to 14 babies 5 days ago & I just have a few questions if anyone can help?

11 have survived but there is one with a protruding eye that I'm worried about, seems quite weak and dark in colour- any thoughts?

How often should I dust their feeders? My montane adults get plain cal once per week. So far I have dusted once.

At what age can they go to new homes? I was planning to wait until they are 4 months old.

How much recovery time does my female need before I can mate her again? Assuming she hasn't retained sperm. Does she need extra food/calcium to build her up after the birth? She seems very strong and happy at the moment.

I also have a clutch of kinyongia boehmei incubating at the moment, exciting :)

how is it going?

I have 8 left, now 5 weeks old. Most are nice & chunky. There is one that is weak so I'll be surprised if he makes it. Sadly lost dad today for unknown reasons, gutted. Hoping mum retained sperm for another clutch, so fingers crossed

Back
Top Bottom