Trioceros hoehnelii questions but not on care

Uri

Avid Member
I have a male heohnelii that’s about a year old and two months now and I have fallen in love with this species specifically but I don’t see them so commonly available captive bred even tho they are so entertaining and at least my individual rarely hides and they are beautiful individuals. I sometime this year would love to get a female to start breeding these species specifically but I haven’t found too much information on the species in breeding and was hoping this would draw out those experienced with this species to help me out and giving me pointers. To start I will only want one pair to raise a clutch and see how I like it and if this is right for me as well. My main questions are the uvi range babies enjoy, the dangerous temp to avoid for a baby, feeder size such as what fruit fly? And if bean Beatles will work for neonates as well as around how long till they are able to take newborn dubia as I as of now only breed dubia and mealworms and am starting bean Beatle cultures but of course am getting into starting my hydia fruit fly cultures for my carpet chameleon and adult hoehnelii, litter sizes as I don’t want to take on something that will have very large litters I have heard they start at 6 for young females and mature ones can give birth to up to 20 from the chameleon academy care sheet and I also know that you can’t breed different locales of hoehnelli from what I understand and was wondering if anyone knew what locale mine is most likely? Just to be clear this is breeding as a hobby and for my own growth as a keeper I don’t plan on making this a business oh also if the nighttime temps need to be more extreme or the same as an adult?

Attachments

• BDC73B60-5CD1-4C9B-B81C-923CDB77E6C7.jpeg
    BDC73B60-5CD1-4C9B-B81C-923CDB77E6C7.jpeg
    102.6 KB · Views: 112
  • C04C7153-DD35-44BF-A873-79D6C4E3E392.jpeg
    C04C7153-DD35-44BF-A873-79D6C4E3E392.jpeg
    94.5 KB · Views: 104
I have raised them. I keep them almost exactly like I do my Jackson's neonates but i am not as quick to separate them into individual cages. They seem more tolerant than jacks. I start them off with smaller fruit flies. They can handle bean beetles fairly early. They manage to eat larger items than you think they would but I always have so many bean beetles I rely rather heavily on them and don't start crickets as early as I could.
I do give them a basking light a couple half hours a day. Far earlier than I would a jack jack.

Litter sizes have been in the 9-13 range for me but I do carefully limit how much I feed my females.

I have a male heohnelii that’s about a year old and two months now and I have fallen in love with this species specifically but I don’t see them so commonly available captive bred even tho they are so entertaining and at least my individual rarely hides and they are beautiful individuals. I sometime this year would love to get a female to start breeding these species specifically but I haven’t found too much information on the species in breeding and was hoping this would draw out those experienced with this species to help me out and giving me pointers. To start I will only want one pair to raise a clutch and see how I like it and if this is right for me as well. My main questions are the uvi range babies enjoy, the dangerous temp to avoid for a baby, feeder size such as what fruit fly? And if bean Beatles will work for neonates as well as around how long till they are able to take newborn dubia as I as of now only breed dubia and mealworms and am starting bean Beatle cultures but of course am getting into starting my hydia fruit fly cultures for my carpet chameleon and adult hoehnelii, litter sizes as I don’t want to take on something that will have very large litters I have heard they start at 6 for young females and mature ones can give birth to up to 20 from the chameleon academy care sheet and I also know that you can’t breed different locales of hoehnelli from what I understand and was wondering if anyone knew what locale mine is most likely? Just to be clear this is breeding as a hobby and for my own growth as a keeper I don’t plan on making this a business oh also if the nighttime temps need to be more extreme or the same as an adult?
Where did you get him?

I got him from a member on here actually she stopped breeding them tho a beautiful boy I’m going to start pairing my male and female around spring of next year tho so here’s to hope that everything goes well
Awesome i hope you get a lot of babies

Back
Top Bottom