Tried my large cage but he is extremely lethargic

MegaWattz

Hey all, working with my year old boy panther skittles from paradise. Talked with Bruce and indicated he had seemed quite bored in his 18"×36" cage recently. I have a much larger cage I made for my previous cham that's 2'×4' which Bruce said I could go ahead and put him in woth some new changes like Arcadia light etc. I put him in for the last 3 days but instead of an improvement he has become lethargic. Climbs to the very bottom to sleep and does not climb up in the morning to get under his heat lamp, I've had to pick him up and put him up there the last three mornings. Then all through the day he moves very little, strange considering how he flew around the small cage. At this point I'm putting him back in the smaller one since he clearly was happier there. Thoughts?

Attachments

• 20210305_162648.jpg
    20210305_162648.jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 92
  • 20210305_162657.jpg
    20210305_162657.jpg
    202.7 KB · Views: 86
  • 20210224_154616.jpg
    20210224_154616.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 87
Hey all, working with my year old boy panther skittles from paradise. Talked with Bruce and indicated he had seemed quite bored in his 18"×36" cage recently. I have a much larger cage I made for my previous cham that's 2'×4' which Bruce said I could go ahead and put him in woth some new changes like Arcadia light etc. I put him in for the last 3 days but instead of an improvement he has become lethargic. Climbs to the very bottom to sleep and does not climb up in the morning to get under his heat lamp, I've had to pick him up and put him up there the last three mornings. Then all through the day he moves very little, strange considering how he flew around the small cage. At this point I'm putting him back in the smaller one since he clearly was happier there. Thoughts?
Is he crawling to the bottom and sleeping during the day? Or do you mean when he's getting ready for bed he goes the bottom?

Also, where is the basking spot in the new enclosure?

From my experience, my cham took about a week to adjust to his new enclosure. I tried to set it up similar to his smaller one by putting the basking and good in the same general area. But mine did get stressed out when I changed his enclosure.

If you've had your husbandry reviewed before and got a thumbs up, I'd definitely just give him a little bit of time before making any changes.

Back
Top Bottom