Tried my best. Sorry guys :(

Flapnecked69

I guess chameleon are not my thing, it was pretty fun spending time with my baby panther ambilobe who is only 4 months. He is going downhill now and i am very sad. My hipothesis of his problem " i had recently been given a free adult iguana, my cham cage is inside another big cage in which this iguana was placed at. At first i thought the only problem of this wad that the iguana could break inside my chams cage to eat it. But that wasnt the problem at all. It seems that the iguana had been urinating on top of my chameleons cage and i believe he somehow drank it. Also his eye had been showing problems since yestetday morning, so i treat his eye the same day by flushing it with saline and also gave him a little vitamin drop. I followed the same steps today morning and took my chams cage outside first hour in the morning, but now things seem to go downhill ): he is showing signs of weakness, he fell off my hand several times and his skin is real pale. Also as soon as i place him on a leaf he imiadetly lays down and closes his eyes.
I will always remeber my little panther, best month of my life. I still believe in miracles, that somehow he will be ok tomorrow when i check on him. But thats just my dream. Sorry guys i tried my best. Thanks to everyone for the help given

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    247.2 KB · Views: 289
I dont know anything of your history, but why don't you take him to a vet? No need to apologize to us, its the chameleon you chose to take care of. You seem to have given up already. There may be a chance to save him. Get him to a vet.

There is always a chance to save him, speaking from someone who experienced a lot with mine and refused to give up! Give him a chance and do the best thing which is the right thing!

Never give up. I can only imagine I've only had my Cham for a month and a half and I worry day and night about her. I'm sorry to her she is not doing well, but he is going to get any better he needs your help. Taking him to the vet could save him

Get his cage out of the other cage. He is also stressing out from being near the other animal. He is probably scared that the other animal is going to eat him. This is very poor husbandry and needs to be changed immediately. Also take him to the vet ASAP.

Yes that should have been the first thing you did once you noticed any bad sign from your Cham. I'm assuming you know that chams shouldn't be housed together, probably shouldn't put him next to an iguana, let alone in the cage.........
Get his cage out of the other cage. He is also stressing out from being near the other animal. He is probably scared that the other animal is going to eat him. This is very poor husbandry and needs to be changed immediately. Also take him to the vet ASAP.

We all make mistakes in keeping. Its a shame this little one is going to suffer the blunt end. I hope you read a good bit more before taking on another chameleon.

You live and you learn.

Don't give up with a cham though!

Hope he pulls through. Try hydrating your cham and offering him hornworms / silkworms. Maybe he can flush out whatever he has in him. You can ALWAYS take him to a vet aswell. You're in Florida so there should be a few great vets around your way.

You can also put him in a small bin for now to make sure he doesn't fall at night. Just put a few branches and a towel on the bottom of the cage.

... I have read through his history and he seems like a legit forum-member, but I cant shake the feeling that this seems like a troll post.

Really? Time to kick a stone and walk away with your hands in your pockets? Shoot, darn, drat, and shucks folks?

Sorry OP, but you need to have some dang hope! Don't apologize man, check to see what you can do to fix your husbandry and try to get the little guy some help, IE: vet. Drinking urine, shouldn't kill him, but it can weaken his immune system. Get him out of the iguanas area. Good luck man, don't give up.

He was never in poor habitat conditions, he was doing great until this iguana they gave my uncle came and stayed all day long on top of my chams cage. I thought the iguana was no harm to him. I will not get another chameleon. I think he can make it if i take him to the vet today

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    254.4 KB · Views: 164
He was never in poor habitat conditions, he was doing great until this iguana they gave my uncle came and stayed all day long on top of my chams cage. I thought the iguana was no harm to him. I will not get another chameleon. I think he can make it if i take him to the vet today
Well I'd clean out your cham cage if he iguana was pissing in it. Hose it down or something cause that just means your chameleons probably living in that filth and will continue to cause health problems. Is the iguana still around?

Glad to hear that you are going to take him to the vet today. Please follow the advice already given and we are here to answer any additional questions you may have.

Good luck to you and your chameleon.

There Is still hope...a vet.
Just bring him in. Not sure why you wouldn't keep him separate from another reptilr like that anyway.

Yes carol i live in florida and the cage is set up outside.
@thegreatfonz i washed all his cage and also washe him a lot with water, i cleaned his eye with saline solution and gave him a drop of vitamin a daily. And now the cage is placed outside the big cage where half of the cage grts some rain an the otherone does.
Thanks guys for the tips and advises.

Hello,
I'm sorry about your situation. I'm sure you didn't mean any harm and we all make mistakes.
Hope to a quick recovery

Hey man, don't feel bad. I had 14 baby jackson's chameleons! Fourteen!
Gave one away, and three escaped. I was left with two really strong ones but they somehow didn't make it. But I agree with you, it was a very fun month caring for the little guys.

But I guess it's also good now cause less stress.

Back
Top Bottom