Transvaalense prolapsed today

laurie

Retired Moderator
I had the scare of my life today. I went in to check on hans and Sophia. Hans had a huge prolapse compared to his tiny body. I put his tiny butt in a butter tub of ice cold sugar water and headed to the vet. My cell phone dialed the vet while I drove with one hand while holding my cham in the water with the other. I told them it was an emergency and to be ready.
We got to the office, I took Hans in and the vet almost passed out. This is a cow & horse vet. A 2 gram chameleon was new for her. But with me and a tech holding Hans still the vet got the prolapse back in. Then she said, sorry but I don't have a way to put a stitch in that small cham. But she stepped up and fixed by baby so I am happy.:):):):):):)

After the scare was over the whole office had to come gape at my little angel. Everyone loved him. When I went in I was distracted a bit, I left my car running and my purse in it. One of the staff went out shut the car off, locked it and kept the keys at the desk until I came out. I walked out without any idea what it cost, they will send me a bill, at the time it just didn't matter. I guess sometimes it isn't bad to live in a small town.

I had the scare of my life today. I went in to check on hans and Sophia. Hans had a huge prolapse compared to his tiny body. I put his tiny butt in a butter tub of ice cold sugar water and headed to the vet. My cell phone dialed the vet while I drove with one hand while holding my cham in the water with the other. I told them it was an emergency and to be ready.
We got to the office, I took Hans in and the vet almost passed out. This is a cow & horse vet. A 2 gram chameleon was new for her. But with me and a tech holding Hans still the vet got the prolapse back in. Then she said, sorry but I don't have a way to put a stitch in that small cham. But she stepped up and fixed by baby so I am happy.:):):):):):)

After the scare was over the whole office had to come gape at my little angel. Everyone loved him. When I went in I was distracted a bit, I left my car running and my purse in it. One of the staff went out shut the car off, locked it and kept the keys at the desk until I came out. I walked out without any idea what it cost, they will send me a bill, at the time it just didn't matter. I guess sometimes it isn't bad to live in a small town.

I admire your composure and ability to think while under that immense amount of pressure and heartache. Good thing you have that ability because it saved Hans life and I am sure he is grateful in his own little way. I am happy for you though! I hope his recovery goes well

Ben

Good thing you don't live in NYC or you would have no way to bring him home :p glad they fixed the lil fella up :)

I hope he will be ok, it's good he has you and you know what to do. I would love to see vet's face when she saw your little guy :D

"With Laurie-like ninja action" ...is now a phrase I will use. :p

Im glad your vet was willing to give it a go, and that you guys got it back in.

Had the prolapse retreated at all by the time you got there?

Any update on him?

Oh my Laurie! What a stressful day! You sure like to live on the edge! :p My vets is so close I wouldn't even have bothered phoning, but I am lucky to live where I do!

I really hope the little guy makes it. It seems the smaller the cham, the more it worms it's way into your affections. Who really cares how much it cost? Money and how I would pay would also be the last thing on my mind too. The fact that your boy is ok is far more important.

The fun just goes on, Hans seems fine, I just checked him before getting my husband to emergency room. This could be a long day.

Now the answers about Hans. I found Hans with a very large prolapse , I tried to get iced sugar water on it hoping it would retract at least some before I got to the Vet. No luck it was still almost as long as his leg. I cried all the way to the vet as I was sure I would lose him. The joke at the vets office was it taking me and a tech holding this tiny thing still so the vet could work on him.
I had a Cham to the vet there before. A Jackson who was also prolapsed. That was a couple years ago & that vet was out of town. It was for reason like this I purchased a copy of Mader's text "reptile surgery & medicine" for the vets office. By the time I arrived the vet had read the text on how to put the prolapse in. She said it was the same procedure but in micro miniature . But she got it done and he seems like nothing ever happened. Except he is not crazy about me and my flashlight coming in to check on him..

This is just not my idea of fun, first I rush Hans to the vet & now David to the ER. You guys are helping me while I sit here at the hospital and wait. I really needed something to do.

Intestinal prolapse then? Or is Hans an especially lucky boy?
Glad you were able to act so quickly and get him sorted out. Hope he's doing ok now....

Oh my

what a day your having indeed. I think you hubby wants to be a show off to Hans. He was jealous of all the attention Hans got... I hope he and Hans are doing better.

Laurie!!!!! Poor you and Hans and hubby!

How is Hans doing?

Yea the prolapses are never fun.... believe me I know. :(

Hows david? what happened? Hope everything is ok.

Some days are just not designed to be great. David has a dislocated shoulder and some joint is messed up.Dr wanted to know if he had been playing football. David told him no he had been working. Stupid doctor, sometimes I think the vet was smarted!!!! nDavid is to be off work for 10 days but he is going in Monday!!! He is as stupid as the doctor. Both men what do you expect. At least Hans had a female vet, no wonder he is better. Now I have to go cater to my dumb husband.:mad: be back later.

Back
Top Bottom